Friday, September 12, 2008

TRAP!

As I was lounging around today, partaking in the viewing pleasure of the marvelous extras on my shiny new The Office Season 4 DVD Box Set, I came to a realization that my favorite extras on any DVD set are the gag reels.  I think it's because I'm interested in television and production, and therefore find it cool to see a sort of behind-the-scenes look of the show.  Of course, it's easy to love television gag reels, what with The Office DVDs having epic, 22 minute long gag reels that are many times as funny as the episodes themselves.  But when I thought about it, quite a few of my other favorite TV shows have AMAZING gag reels as well.  So great that I was inspired to make a post about them!  

The Office Season 3 Gag Reel:
Ok, so I couldn't actually find the entire season 3 gag reel on YouTube, but I did find this short Jim/Pam season 3 blooper that I love.  All of The Office gag reels are amazing, but there's something about season 3's that are so funny.  I think it's the Ed Helms factor.

House Season 2 Gag Reel
I'm actually surprised at how funny I find the House gag reels.  I like season 2's the best probably because of the Chase/House argument scene. :)

Supernatural Season 1 Gag Reel
All of Supernatural's gag reels are AMAZING!  So amazing that I really could have posted season 2 or season 3's and totally felt good about it.  I think they're so great because Jared and Jensen are extremely funny and natural together, which makes for hilarious hijinks.

Serenity Gag Reel
So this is cheating a little, because Serenity isn't a TV show, it's just based off of a TV show.  But while Firefly's gag reel is hilarious (especially the panning shot that Nathan Fillion keeps popping up in), the Serenity gag reel is probably the greatest I've ever seen before in my entire life.  There's a reason why I saved the best for last, and why it's the basis for the title of this post.  It's all because of Nathan Fillion too.  God, I love that man.

2 comments:

MightyMaxine said...

Supernatural gags are the best! I love when they're in their coats :P It reminds me of the Taladega Nights ads, hehe

Lea said...

Hee! They have really good ones! Nothing beats Talladega Nights of course, but those Supernatural boys sure can be funny.