Sunday, September 21, 2008

Best Emmy Moments of the Night (or at least one of them)


And the best Emmy moment of night (or at least one of them) goes to.....Mr. Warmth, Don Rickles!! I'm so glad he went off teleprompter when he was presenting with Kathy Griffin. Honestly, some of the dialogue that passed for funny bits was making me cringe a little. 

Other best Emmy moments (in no particular order; also, this is, by no means, a complete list):
1. Ricky Gervais making Steve Carrell give him his Emmy using various techniques (i.e. tickling and a stare-off). 

2. Of course, Colbert and Stewart didn't disappoint. I especially loved their clever "prunes"bit,  which, of course, did not, I repeat, did not include Colbert voicing his support for John McCain. 

Stewart: "Isn't 8 years of prunes enough?" 
Colbert: "You can never get enough!" 

3. Alec Baldwin winning for best lead actor in a comedy series, Tina Fey winning for writing and best Lead Actress, and 30 Rock winning for Best Comedy Series!!! Emmy, where your feet at!!! 

So...what were your favorite moments? 





1 comment:

Lea said...

OMG OMG OMG Zozzizle, you posted! I'm so happy! :)

Anyhoo, I thought all your Emmy moments were great! I have a total girl-crush on Tina Fey and that Ricky Gervais bit with Steve Carrell was hilarious!

My other favorite moments:
John Adams winning, like, everything.
The Colbert Report winning for best writing. The Daily Show always takes away the Report's Emmys and I was so happy that Stephen finally got his due!
That guy winning best directing for the episode of House, "House's Head". That ep may have been the best episode of television I saw last season.
That guy winning best directing for Pushing Daisies. Only because I got to see Lee Pace in the crowd. Not gonna lie, I was kind of rooting for him to win best actor because I wanted to, um, see him some more.
JOSH GROBAN!
Oh, and my boy Jeff Probst!