Thursday, September 18, 2008

Supernatural 4.01 "Lazarus Rising"

I  really just wanted to fill up this post by typing "OMG!" over and over and over again, but this blog is too classy for that.  So instead I'll actually try and coherently write out my thoughts.
If you couldn't tell, I pretty much loved this episode.  I thought it was fantastic!  Starting with the extremely creepy scene of Dean escaping from his grave, and going all the way to the ending with Castiel the ANGEL!  I never thought this show would actually go there with the angel talk.  So much of this show is filled with references to the other side: the demons, and the monsters, and all matter of evil things.  Only ever seeing the bad side, and not knowing if the good was out there on this show, was getting kind of depressing.  Because of that, I find it so refreshing that we're actually seeing the good side.    I'm extremely intrigued with the mythology they've created for the angels.  And of course, leave it to Supernatural to actually make the angels SCARY.  I find it fascinating that Castiel is SO powerful that normal mortals can't look upon his true form (or their eyes will burn out, ew).  And just why does God want Dean anyways?  What is this work they need him for?  This really, really did a good job of setting up this season.
Even with all the awesome angel stuff however, my favorite part was Sam using his powers.  I have been waiting since the show first hinted that Sam might be powerful in some way, all the way back in season 1, for him to actively bust out the powers.  And it's extremely satisfying that it finally paid off!  And that Ruby's helping him too!  Oh Sam, just what happened to you during those four months?

Other thoughts:
Sam and Dean's reunion hug was amazing!  Not gonna lie, I got a little emotional.
Also, OMG THE AMULET!  I cried at that part too.
I miss Katie Cassidy as Ruby.  I don't like this new actress as much (although I loved the twist that she really was Ruby all along).
Going along with that, are we supposed to believe that Sam and Ruby are doing it, or was that just an act?  Because if they are, that's pretty messed up, heh.
Castiel is hot (and he was totally on 24 too)!
I love Bobby.
Apparently, being in Hell does a body good. :)
Seelix from Battlestar Galactica played the demon in the diner!  That was exciting for me.
Greatest line of the episode:  "So...are you guys, like...together?"   ;)

2 comments:

MightyMaxine said...

Only supernatural can make angels scary and coming back look so sexy. If one person never lost sexy it'd be Jensen, aka Dean :)

Lea said...

Preach it, sistah!