Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I was Happy for the First Minute

One Tree Hill, the best guilty pleasure on TV premiered 3 weeks ago, finally answering the question that was on every viewer's mind this summer. Who is Lucas going to pick?!?! So, as a major fan of Brooke and Lucas I really hoped they would be able to make it work out, but it was an impossibly hope filled dream. As a reasonable person I can see why they landed on the obvious and best chose for Lucas. So in the end he called Peyton, the only girl who cheats with when not in a relationship. He chose her his senior year, why not chose her again. Shocker! So maybe he can stop being a dushbag and start being the Lucas I fell in love with at the start 6 years ago :)

A girl can dream...

Ok, here you go "Leyton" fans


Bi-Weekly Opinion (I know I'm a week behind--I'll catch up)

"Touch Me I'm going to Scream"

I have to say that this epi reminded me of the random adventures from the high school year with the impulsive trip to Vegas and the colorfulness of their almost wedding. Another returning favorite is Jaime and his precocious nature. He's such a cutie!
Major surprises was the revealing of who hit Dan! The creators of this show are so twisted cause it could have been a stranger, but NO! they found a way to bring back Nanny Carey along with all the crazy.
Something else I find random....the weird May-December between Skillz and Deb, whom both have totally different relationships with Nathan. I mean, come on! As a reformed Mom, Deb is definitely crossing a major line here, and besides all that its just plain weird.

"One Million Billionth of a Millisecond on a Sunday Morning"

Major surprise for the season the horrible beating that Brooke received at the end of the last episode. The visual that the creators display is more powerful than you can imagine. Especially since it is out of character for B. Davis to look like that. Finally if I can be mad at Brooke for anything it would be the fact that she is attempting to deal with this on her own and that she didn't report the incident to the police. I can see this with my magical TV eyes, that its going to come back to bite her. Foreshadowing anyone?
Also for the sake of her b***** mother--I really hope she didn't hire someone to commit this to her own daughter.
My final comment would be the untimely and unnecessary death of Q. I'm sure that viewers were just as shocked as I was and felt that it was just wrong. In terms of his death I felt that the creators used it to pull on our heart strings with revealing more back story as his dreams, hopes and family he has a little brother. And the fact that he died the way he did was so unfair and unjust. But I guess that's point, isn't it? The world is unfair and doesn't care what your dreams may be and can wipe it out at any moment that it desires.

No comments: