Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Up": The most wonderful movie you will ever see

I love me some Pixar. I name The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, and Wall-E as some of my favorite movies of all time. So when I say that Up is the best Pixar movie I've ever seen, I want you to know where I'm coming from. Because within the first 10 minutes of the movie, I knew it was special. Half way through the movie, around the time when Kevin the bird and Dug the talking dog showed up, I was convinced it was my favorite Pixar movie. And by the end of the film, with the final shot of the house, it became one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. The sheer joy I felt while watching this movie is hard to put into words. It was just wonderful. On every possible level. The animation was (as always) amazing, the characters were charming, funny, and well-developed, and the story was filled with just enough action to keep it exciting, as well as being cute as hell. I'm not embarassed to admit that I spent the movie alternating between crying from sadness, crying from cuteness, laughing hysterically, and smiling so hard at everything I left the theater with my face hurting. Like everything Pixar releases, it's a movie that people of all ages can enjoy. That's why Pixar is so amazing. The themes of their movies are universal and you're left with the feeling that you watched something that really meant something, even when it is a movie about flying houses and talking dogs.

I guess after all that it would be kind of redundant for me to say: go see this movie right now! But uh, GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Seriously. You will not be dissapointed.

4 comments:

zozizzle said...

I totally know what you mean about the roller coaster of emotions experienced because of this wonderful film! I was almost moved to tears about 3 times, and I *never* get that worked up by movies (as you know).

Also, brilliance has a name, and it is Pixar.

sidenote: I wish I had a dog like Dug...If only I wasn't allergic to them....*sigh*

"I hid under the porch because I love you!"

MightyMaxine said...

That sounds spectacular, which I expected from the moment I saw the preview with "SQUIRREL!" Hee! I am such a six year old. But I have to say I cant wait to see it :)

MightyMaxine said...

p.s. I didnt know Z was allergic to dogs. Sad :(

Lea said...

you have to go see it, Good Grief! It's amazing!

Poor Zozizzle. Sonny really liked her too :)