Tuesday, May 19, 2009

American Idol Top 2 Finalists: We're all winners!


As I was reading through these articles about the adorable press conference Adam and Kris did yesterday (adorable video here), I was overwhelmed by the feeling that, well....I wish they both could win! Reading about how much these guys genuinely like and respect and support each other made me actually get a little emotional. Like they said repeatedly in those articles, they feel like they've both won, and you know, I feel like we've all won too! This sounds ridiculously cheesy, but I just love this finale so much. SO MUCH! And I can't believe we actually have it. A Kradam finale was just a small pipe dream I had when I started watching this season, and now it's a reality. I've felt beaten down by this season many times (I blame Danny...and Kara), but now I couldn't be happier. If Alan Sepinwall wasn't my favorite TV critic already, he would be after this article, which pretty much expressed my thoughts exactly: that in a season filled with unnecessary changes, manufactured drama, over-pimped contestants, attention-hogging judges, and a lesser focus on the most important part of the show, the contestants, we somehow managed to get one of the best, most interesting and love-filled finales this show has ever had (the fantastic website What Not To Sing also has a similar article about the awesome finale in spite of a weak season). You know, I hope somehow, someway, Kris and Adam get the same number of votes on Wednesday and they call it a tie and they both win the show and then live happily ever after THE END.

On a more serious note however, I will be voting the four hours for Kris tonight, heh. After the results show last week, I was just so excited Kris made it into the finale that I went on and on about how I didn't care who won. And reading all this lovely Kradam press recently made me feel the same way. But when I really thought about it, deep down inside, I do want to see Kris win. I've been voting for Kris every week since Top 9 week, fully expecting every week for him to go home. But he didn't, and we finally got him into the final 2, and well, I'm not gonna stop voting for him now, heh. I think if "Heartless" showed us anything last week, it's that Kris wants to win this, and thinking about what his face would look like if/when Ryan announces his name as the winner of American Idol gives me a happy feeling inside (although Kris always looks so shocked and amazed every time he makes it through, the poor kid might pass out on stage if he wins, hee!). Now let me clarify for all the Glamberts out there, that I would be extremely happy if Adam were to win as well. Like I said, both of these guys deserve to be in the finale and truthfully, if we're basing the win by pure, God-given singing talent, then Adam probably deserves it more. No one can hit the notes Adam can (I love Adam's voice, I just prefer Kris's more). In fact, I think Adam will probably win, but I do think it will be closer than a lot of people originally thought (only a million votes separated the two last week).

Although, you know what I want the most? I want both guys to just go out there and do their best. I don't want the producers or the judges ruining the finale by manipulating anything. No bussing, no pimping, just let the performances speak for themselves. I want the show to just let both of these guys go out there and do what they do and hopefully have great nights. Remember, in a Kradam finale, we all win!

*Be back later with thoughts on the performances

No comments: