Wednesday, May 6, 2009

American Idol Top 4 Results: Heartbreak?

Yes, I'm skipping Lost again this week. I wasn't going to subject myself to the results show tonight, but I knew if I watched Lost all I would be able to think about was AI and I wouldn't be able to pay attention. Of course, with what I think is probably going to happen tonight, I'll probably be too inconsolable and despondent to watch much of anything tonight or tomorrow :(

Happy thoughts! Think happy thoughts! Go in Gokey!

Interesting that in the video recap, they made it seem like everyone was in danger except Adam. Also they highlighted Danny's horrible scream again. It gets funnier every time I hear it.

No Doubt, Daughtry, and Paula Abdul are performing tonight. One of these I'm guessing is going to be a trainwreck. I think you might be able to guess.

Ford music video: These are so stupid. Like, they were always going to be lame because they're just there as product placement for Ford, but it's like they don't even try anymore. God, this show sold out a long time ago.

Group performance: "Schools Out" Slash is playing guitar! Oh, heh, Kris's voice is really not suited for this song. They all sound great together though. Oh look, Allison and Adam get to duet again. Damn, Slash can play. Heh, that was fun. Never thought I would see that on American Idol. Ryan and Slash are so awkward together. You know who I love? Ryan Seacrest. There, I said it. He's a good host, and he seems to genuinely care about the contestants. Good guy.

Ryan is talking to all the idols about last night. Kris was giving a really cute answer about how he was so happy to be there and then Simon called him out on it as being too humble. Jesus fuck, Simon! You're still trying to throw Kris under the bus? God, I hate this stupid fucking show. Wow, so Danny knows how bad he was last night. Good on ya, Danny. At least you aren't delusional. You're still annoying as fuck though! That's right, Allison! You stick up for yourself!

Paula Abdul performance. You know what, I love the song "Straight Up". That shit is hot. Oh no, Paula. That outfit is not age appropriate. This is another generic Britney/techno/pop song with way too much autotune. And she's lip-synching. I don't even know what to do with this at all. I just kind of feel uncomfortable. I'm glad that's over.

No Doubt performance. They're singing "Just A Girl"? I thought they had some kind of new music coming out. You know, I kind of thought they broke up, heh. I do love No Doubt, but Gwen Stefani does not sound very good. For some reason, whenever bands go onto Idol they never sound good. Pushups on the stage, Gwen? This was a very strange performance. Ok, so apparently they're just touring, but they don't have a new CD.

Results: I'm so fucking nervous. The first person safe is....AS;DLKFJ;ADKLSJF;ADKLSFJ;LAKSDJF;DKLSJF;LDKSJF;ADKLSJF;ADKLSJF;LKAD
KRIS IS SAFE KRIS IS SAFE KRIS IS SAFE KRIS IS SAFE KRIS IS SAFE KRIS IS SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE GREATEST FUCKING DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!! I'm like crying. My hands are shaking. Thank you, America! Thank you SO FUCKING MUCH! God, I can't believe that just happened. I cannot believe it!

Wow. I need to like, calm myself down. I can't believe I'm getting so emotional over this stupid show.

Daughtry performance. Dude, they keep talking about how he was shock-booted during top 4 week when he was on the show. Are they setting up a Danny shock boot? Could it be possible? Please! I like Daughtry. He's a cool dude and this song is pretty nice.

Results: Adam is safe! Danny is...safe. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor poor sweet Allison! Oh man! Allison, honey. You deserved it WAY more than Danny! You are awesome and beautiful and I can't wait to buy your record. Shit son, her sing-out is fierce. This is how you sing a fucking rock song! Girlfriend is going to have a great career out of this. I'm not worried about her at all. She's one of the most talented contestants this show has ever had and it's a fucking travesty that she went out before Gokeyoke. Farewell sweet sweet Allison! I look forward to seeing more of you in the future, you little rock godess!

So....all in all, that was both amazing and terrible all at the same time. My heart breaks for Allison, but I'm mostly just absolutely ecstatic that Kris made it through. After the producers and judges tried so hard to get rid of him yesterday, he proved everyone wrong and made it. I am so ridiculously proud of him. He has one of the best Idol journeys so far and I'm proud to be his fan. And if he goes out next week, you know, that's ok. He made it way further than anyone thought he would and he gets his hometown visit! Yay! Still, all I will be able to dream about is the Adam/Kris finale on the horizon. It can happen! We can make it happen! We must avenge Allison by getting rid of Danny next week! Let us unite forces to get our finale of awesome! Kradam 4eva!!!!!!!11111

No comments: