Tuesday, May 5, 2009

American Idol Top 4 Finalists Perform: Put the Go in Gokey!

Hey, so I am able to watch tonight after all! I hope you all enjoyed my overly long and slightly embarrassing PSA I posted earlier today, heh.

Here we go! Rock week! Slash! They're singing duets! As long as Kris doesn't have to sing with Danny, I'll be good.

Adam: "Whole Lotta Love" Of course. How could Adam not sing that song? This is like, destiny right here. Heh, they've got the band on stage. He sounds exactly like Robert Plant. Wow. This is really good, but we knew it would be, didn't we? Damn, this shit is intense, heh. He is crazy! Whoa...this is a really weird ending. He pretty much stopped the song and just started going insane. That was rockin! But...it was totally expected, heh. How could Adam not do well on rock week? God, I hate Kara so much. How does she get more annoying every week?

Allison: She got her hair done by Adam's hair stylist. She's so cute. "Cry Baby". When she belts it out she can really belt it out. The softer and lower parts of this song aren't as good as the louder parts. Pretty good, but the song was a little slower than I thought she was going to do. Aw man, I'm kind of agreeing with the judges in that this wasn't one of my favorite performances of hers. It was still really good though. Oh lordy, Allison is giving Simon sass. Go Allison! She's fantastic!

Kris/Danny Duet: No! Kris was supposed to duet with Adam! And he gets Gokey? NO! Are they trying to sabotage Kris? "Renegade" Wow, they're harmonizing really well right now. I hate Danny so much. This is kind of awkward, because neither or these guys are really suited for rock, and they really don't have much chemistry. Poor poor Kris having to sing with Danny. He did not look happy. The harmonizing was really great, but you could barely hear the solo stuff and in my opinion, Danny sounded more out of tune than Kris, but Kris wasn't really that great either. Simon: "Danny, you were better than Kris" Shit! Shit shit shit! SHIT! I was right. They paired them together in order to de-pimp Kris. This is horrible.

Kris: Wow, and he's going right after he did a duet and Simon told him he was worse than Danny. Damn they are really trying to screw him over. He's doing the Beatles! Yay! "Come Together". He's playing the electric guitar! This is great! Who knew Kris could rock?! That. Was. Awesome. Wow, but the judges are being harsh. Oh god...poor Kris. They are totally throwing him under the bus. This is horrible. Like, they're not even trying to hide it. He looks so sad! I feel terrible for him. It wasn't his best performance, but it wasn't as bad as the judges made it out to be. Kris isn't a "rocker" but he tried his best and even put a new spin on the song. And he played the guitar! Poor baby.

Danny: "Dream On" Crash and burn, Danny! Crash and burn! Why does he always look so awkward when he sings? Wow, this is horrible. Not good. And I'm not just saying that because it's Danny. This is genuinely horrible. OMG. That last scream was the worst thing I've ever heard on this show. Terrible. That hurt my ears. I actually laughed out loud it was so bad. I think he really did crash and burn! And now the judges are criticizing him, but they're still trying to be nice. Why? Why?! Why does he deserve this special treatment? He gets an 'A+' for effort, Paula? Really? REALLY?! How could they give props to Danny for "trying" for that shit performance, but they criticize Kris for taking a risk? This is complete and utter bullshit.

Adam/Allison Duet: "Slow Ride" Nice pants Adam, heh. Yes, they sound great together. I'm still so unbelievably pissed about Kris having to sing with Danny though so I'm not enjoying this at all. I'm bitter. That was great, but I'm still bitter. Simon threw Allison under the bus a bit after her performance, but her being able to sing with Adam in the duet TOTALLY saves her. It is just SO obvious who the judges and the producers want to be in the final three that I completely and totally resented this performance.

Final thoughts: FUCK YOU, AMERICAN IDOL! FUCK YOU AND YOUR STUPID FUCKING SHIT SHOW! I have never seen this level of manipulation ever. It's always bad on this show, but I've never thought it would be this bad. Case in point, the best of the night was Adam. He was great, but you know what pisses me off? Even though he went first, Simon brought him up in every other performance as a comparison. And then, even though he's gotten the pimp spot three times already on this show (including last week), he gets to go last again. And doing a cute rock duet with Allison too! I like Adam, but jeez is the level of pimping kind of ridiculous. No wonder Kris looked so sad the whole show. He had to have known what was coming for him: performing with Karaoke Gokey, compared unfavorably to Danny, had two performances in a row, performed in the middle of the show, overly harsh criticism from the judges, compared unfavorably to Adam, and finally, to put the last nail in the coffin, Simon told Allison and Adam their duet was way better than his. Ugh. Poor poor Kris. He doesn't deserve this. And the sad part is, this night probably is sending him home tomorrow. And if he does go home, you know what, good. He doesn't need to be pushed around on this stupid shit show. He has already gotten good exposure and I'm sure he'll do just fine for himself.

Sigh. That was an extremely depressing hour of television.

2 comments:

The Derelict said...

That was very ranty./MurrayHewittVoice

I pretty much agree, though. I liked Allison's performance better than you (and def better than the judges, blech -- idiots), but if anyone should go home for their performance LAST NIGHT it has to be Danny. So, Kris's was "safe" or "boring" or "a bad song choice" or whatever the judges called it, but anyone with ears to hear knows Danny's was BAD. It was so bad I actually changed the channel because I couldn't listen to him anymore. It was torture.

If Kris goes home, then I just don't know how anyone can claim this show is legit. It's one thing for the voters to just mindlessly vote for their favorites. But for Simon and the rest of the judges to call out Kris for a perfectly fine performance and then bend over backwards to excuse Danny's hideous performance is just insane to me. I thought this show was a contest where the judges (for the most part) evaluated people based on merit? Obviously, I was mistaken.

Lea said...

"I thought this show was a contest where the judges (for the most part) evaluated people based on merit?"

No. It's not. It never has been. It's always been about furthering the agenda of the producers. Apparently, the agenda this year is Hokey to win the show. Fine! You know what? I hope he wins so the show has to be stuck with him. How anyone can think Danny would sell more records than Kris, Adam, or Allison is beyond me.

Sigh. I'm still fuming from last night. As you said, based on last night, Danny's performance was by the far the worst and deserved to go home because of it, but the thing is, based on this ENTIRE SEASON Danny has deserved to go home. He has had one good performance since the finals began. Kris has constantly had one of the best performances of the night or THE BEST (I would say he was the best 3 times this season. Yes, even better than Adam).

If the final three was Kris/Allison/Adam I don't know if I would really care who won because they are all extremely deserving. But if Danny lasts longer than any of them it will be a travesty.

I have to link to this article: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20007164_20171835_20276858,00.html
Because it said everything I wanted to say and more, while being WAY more coherent, heh. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought last night was complete and utter FAIL!

Ugh...tonight is going to be so horrible :(