Monday, May 11, 2009

Finale Roundup, Part 1

*I thought I'd do a roundup for some finales that have aired recently. I didn't have strong enough opinions about any of these episodes to write full posts about them, so I'm collecting some of my thoughts about them here.

Chuck
2.22 "Chuck Versus the Ring"-

Single greatest scene of the finale: Jeffster. Mr. Roboto. Indian lesbian. Epic.
I actually think I may have liked "Chuck Versus the Colonel" better than this episode, but I still loved this episode a whole lot. I LOVED the end. Loved it SO much. And if we don't get another season, I may have to protest NBC forever.

Dollhouse 1.12 "Omega"-
Meh. I wanted to like this. I really really did, but man did that disappoint me. The best thing, by far, was Alan Tudyk's amazing performance, but where was the 'wow' factor? Where were the thrills? This was kind of boring. And while stuff happened in it, nothing really changed. Echo is still Echo (and why the heck would Omega want to become Echo again?). Not to mention we had to go through the whole episode hearing about how great and special and wonderful Echo/Caroline is with no real explanation as to why she was so special. Blech. I'll probably watch it next season, but I really would not be sad if this show got canceled.

House 5.24 "Both Sides Now"-
Oh I love it when House does its trippy finales. Some of my favorite episodes of television ever have been two of House's trippy finales, "No Reason" and "House's Head". While I didn't like this episode quite as much as those two, I still loved that it screwed with us in the end. House has been so hit or miss for me this season, but this episode I thought was fantastic, mostly because of that freaky realization (the direction for that scene was brilliant as well). House going into the mental institute was intriguing, but at the same time, this show constantly pulls these sorts of storylines that seem to be huge changing points for the series, but ultimately lead nowhere. Methinks that's what's going to happen with the mental institute storyline as well, but I'm still excited to see where it takes us anyways. I'm just happy I finally like this show again!

No comments: