Friday, May 29, 2009

Trek

Alt Universe anyone?
Well that's what all the Trekkies and non-Trekkies find when they go to see the new Star Trek film.

From the little I know there are definite changes made from the series, but obviously it's to difficult to translate the massive history that is the phenomena of the Star Trek series, that has the widest fan base. So there was a lot of pressure for the director, creators, writers and actors alike. Along with that fact it was one of the first summer movies of 2009 and none of it was a let down! I really appreciated the direction the film took, because I am one girl whose late to the sci-fi fan game and really actually detested the fact that my dad would regularly watch the show when aired on television; I know a boo for me, but what do you expect I was all about the Friends and other randomous things.

So I suggest if u still haven't seen either don't let the sci-fi history stop you from the amazing ride. But I still advise that you see it with someone who understands the significance of each character it makes it better, that's why I took my pops, Hee!

Okay some stuff about the film there's a kick A!! car scene, a wicked storm--I mean the aesthetics alone will draw you in, an apperance by the original Spock and finally an amazing cast with astounding of amounts of hottness (I'm referring to Chris Pine aka James T. Kirk, William Shatner's replacement; He's come along way since Just My Luck. Good for him). It was refreshing to see a well known story told in an unpredicatable manner! Yay for J.J. Abrams.

1 comment:

Lea said...

I loved this movie! Loved it so much! As a person who knows next to nothing about Star Trek, I was surprised by just how much I liked it. It's just a good movie. Zozzizle's already seen it like 4 times or something. Go see it, people!