Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What now?

I have to admit to being a little depressed that the television season is "over". Yes, I know TV still airs during the summer, but it's not the same. American Idol was my last finale this year, and now I feel kind of...lost (I seriously got depressed today when I realized AI wasn't going to be on. I can't believe how much that show got to me this year). Not to say that there aren't shows on that I watch during the summer. I will probably be watching So You Think You Can Dance (not the audition shows though. Too much second hand embarrassment). Speaking of embarrassment, I will also be watching True Blood when the second season premiers June 14th. That show is SO trashy and kind of bad, but I can't help it, I can't stop watching it. Also, Project Runway comes back this summer, but we are going to have to wait until August for our Tim Gunn fix :(

Still, TV is my main "fandom" and I had a moment earlier when I thought, "now what am I going to talk about on the blog?" But then I realized that this blog was never supposed to be only about television! There are plenty of things floating around in mind grapes's mind grapes! So while TV will still be the main focus on the blog, you will start to get a broader variety of things that make me happy. I am planning on doing an end of the season recap post, where I talk about which show's had the overall best season, favorite episodes, best finale, etc. But I also will probably start talking more about the Red Wings as they get closer to the Stanley Cup finals, I'm already imagining multitudes of Kris Allen posts, and you're probably going to be hearing A LOT about the Harry Potter movie before and after it comes out. And who knows, you may even get some more podcasts!

I'm still new to this blogging thing, and half the time I still feel like I'm really only doing this for myself more than anyone else, but that's ok. Because it is extremely fun and I'm not going to quit anytime soon. I hope our dear readers continue to come along for the ride! What we lack in smarts and coherency, we make up for in randomness and fun!

1 comment:

MightyMaxine said...

WE certainly are random and FUN!!! Well I can't wait to hear more about the Red Wings with such an "aged" fan as you :P