Friday, May 29, 2009

Another does of abuse

So that's it Zod is back! That's our cliffhanger, uggh leave it to Tess and Millar/Gough to bring back the lameness from the season 5. I mean seriously Clark defeated him, shouldn't that be enough. This is our cliffhanger. In my humblest opinion so not worth wafting through the 21 episodes of randomness and at times crap to get to that. Truly a dissapointment.

Boy does this show deliver on its promises, it was rumor that 2 people would die and as if its not enough that they split apart the one functioning couple this season as a means to an end but they had to go and kill Jimmy in an attempt to teach the lesson that humanity is not all that seems. Jimmy, really people, Jimmy Olsen the wholesome sweetheart was murdered by Davis without the Beast and my tears are evidence of the injustice that this is. It was almost as if it came out of nowhere and was simply an attempt to strike at the strings of the fans hearts. I may be alone in my love for the character of Jimmy but this is simply unacceptable and I can't even blame Clark. I actually at this point wish that it had been Oliver instead--I definitely partly blame him for this tragedy.



Here's the basic plot of what happens Clark comes clean about his true plans to split Davis from his monster and Oliver tells all about how he killed Lex and once again reinforces the need to get rid of some people as a means to an end. Meanwhile Clark and Oliver are fighting over how to dispose of the Beast, Lois gets sent to the future in the midst of a tussle with Tess. As if things weren't already complicated enough between her and Clark she is now 1000 years or so in to the future with no way of getting home. Anyways Oliver and the legion do a little backstabbing of Clark and Jimmy finds him and discovers the answer to the mystery that is Clark and well when that happen I had this horrid feeling that he was going to die, cause generally when people find out about Clark, they no longer are necessary. So anyways Clark blows up the beast but in the midst of this Jimmy finally gives Chloe his wedding present. It's this beautiful apartment that can be described as a lighthouse in the middle of Metropolis once it undergoes some serious renovations. Davis is passed out and Chloe and Jimmy finally talk and discover that they still really love each other and are meant to be together. And forgiveness is given and they reunite through a sweet kiss...and of course Davis being a maniac, waking to this site shoves a pole into Jimmy's back.
Of course when he realized everything Chloe did was out of her love for Clark and not out of real feelings for him. Skipping the unnecessary explanations of how Davis bites it, I really hate the way the writers felt that it would be okay to replace Jimmy with his little brother, I mean that is such a co-op for such a classic and lovable character. In the end Clark doesn't even show up for his funeral and the cherry on this horrid disaster, that is the end of season 8, he decides that humanity might not be deserving of protection, because it was Davis that killed Jimmy and not the Beast. So he walks away from Smallville and Chloe. Who knew saying goodbye to Lana would also mean farewell to Jimmy :(
Regrettably I am disappointed with this finale, I'm not so bitter about the show itself cause its slow gotten worst since season 5 but this is truly and fully unacceptable. But at least I have time to get over the sting that is this episode before season 9 returns in September for yet another round of abuse. Honestly, all of my shows have been letting me down with their grand finales, really writers, creators make better material PLEASE!!!

Why do I watch this show again?

3 comments:

Lea said...

This episode sounds extremely lame.


"But at least I have time to get over the sting that is this episode before season 9 returns in September for yet another round of abuse"

But why Good Grief? Why? Let the show go, man! Come into the light!

MightyMaxine said...

I dont know what it is but its like the only show that has survived both high school and college with me. And I have this weird and obviously abusive attachment to this show. So for now I'll remain in the dark...hopefully they FIX IT in season 9! No Lana, right?

Lea said...

Just keep telling yourself that, honey ;)