Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's Next?

That question haunts the recent grad in me but for you guys I'll face my fear...and live in the glory that is summer.

So its the summer and regular programming has gone on hiatus to plan the amazing or not so amazing seasons of our beloved programs or those that we are highly attached to. So what's there to talk about people? At least that's what you may be wondering.

Well I always spent my summers reading books growing up so there's that. But for those of you who could care less about my reading choices I plan to report to you about the best of the best summer movies, meaning the movies that I chose to see this summer :P
Because in fact the summer is all about crazy and insane movies with out of this world budgets. And I couldn't be more excited!!! I really love the summer the sun and its comprade the breeze, the sand on the beach and all the delicious barbecue food. The movies are just the chocolate syrup to my sundae.

Here's my list so far
The Hangover June 5
  • hilarity will ensue, that my friend is a guarantee
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen June 24
  • Besides my addiction to my age-appropriate BF, Shia, how can you pass up the chance at an INSANE adventure with machines from another world. Also the first movie was one of the best of last summer
The Proposal June 19
  • Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds, what more could you ask for from a romantic comedy. I mean have you seen the previews?
The Ugly Truth July 24
  • Gerard returns to the seen with the chic from Grey's, Katherine Hiegl and you have to wonder how it'll all end
Away We Go
  • John Krasinki attempting the feat of growing up and finding the definition of home, should be heartwarming and hilarious all in one amazing package, kind of like Jim Halpert

And of course we can still count on the networks to test out the show their considering for the normal sched. I mean that's how I got hooked to Kyle XY (*tear). Some shows that are premiering this summer that I plan to give a chance are Royal Pains on USA and Hawthrone on TNT. I might also break my ban on ABCFamily and check out 10 Things I hate about you, but I also fear they might ruin my adolescent film fave and finally Fox premiered Mental 2 weeks ago and so far I don't hate it too much.

Honestly it isn't too bad. The title isn't the only British touch on this show, the story revolves around Dr. Gallagher who is the new guy that comes in and takes the coveted position. So it's about him and his colleagues acclamations to his position and style of medicine. Also I give it points for have an innovative take on a procedural show. It's complete focus is on the psychiatric wing of a hospital and it uses weird visuals to give the viewer take on the way the patient is feeling and seeing things. But I guess ultimately the true mystery is how each of the doctors are affected by their relationships/non-relationships with the patients and each other and of course their is a character that we never see but is clearly important to Dr. Gallagher, someone named Rebecca, who I'm guessing is his sister who has mental issues and is on the street. Final comment Fox really loves their lesbians, first 13 who is technically bi but with this new show one of the attractive interns is a lesbian so we'll see how that all plays out. It's like a big old bowl of soup that no one knows all the ingredients to.

2 comments:

Lea said...

"Fox really loves their lesbians"
This made me laugh so hard for some reason, heh.

Hey, Transformers 2 comes out on my birthday! Birthday present!

I didn't know they were making a "10 Things I Hate About You" show. That's really distressing actually. How can they get anyone to replace Heath? I love that movie in a ridiculous way.

That "Mental" show looked really weird, but interesting. That's cool that it's pretty good.

MightyMaxine said...

Well just trying to spice up my post! I'm glad I made you laugh!!
Rly?? I'm super excited for a Shia citing (eee!!!!)

Yeah there really is no way that they can replace the amazing Heath Ledger, but on top of that they can re-create the amazing chemistry that was between his character and Julia Stiles. I love that movie way too much too! But who can blame us it was amazingly good for what it was and it has Heath with a delicious accent and he sings too! Amazing movie