Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The World According to MTV

So, MTV had their infamos Movie Awards a couple of nights ago and I have to say "our generation" really likes some...instead of saying crappy I'll say: not so worthwhile stuff.


Here's a quick rundown of the awards and who got what:
Stand Out Perfomance by an Actress: Ashley Tisdale
Best Fight: Robert Pattinson and Cam Gigandet (Twilight)
Best Male Performance: Zac Efron
sidenote---this award could not have been deliverd more awkwardly, seriously its the whole incident that caused the Bruno and Eminem incident.
Quick Quote: "you keep sending me up here to steal these things"
I couldn't agree more Zac, you really were up against some pretty amazing talent
Best Kiss: Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson
my take: is it really fair to nominate Vanessa Hudgens and the Zeffron when their dating and it should come natural to them. If it didn't then I'd worry. Maybe there should be an awkward kiss award--hee! Now that's genius :P
Best WTF Moment: Amy Poehler
Best Song in a Movie: Miley Cyrus for "The Climb"
Genertation Award: Ben Stiller
Best Female Performance: Kristen Stewart
Best Comedic Performance: Jim Carey
Best Villian: Heath Ledger
sidenote: it didnt get mention in the program but the honor was still bestowed upon him...
Best Movie: Twilight

Now for those of you keeping track Twilight got 5 awards Sunday night and Disney pretty much aided in taking over the whole night. It's like all the MTVers only watch the bottom of the barrel crap. I'm just wondering when did MTV become taken over by that crowd. Seriously people he's a vampire not rooted in mythology but in what Stephanie Myers tells you to believe about vampires. Come on! He glitters in the sunlight. What have movies come to. I have to say I am glad that we aren't allowed to vote on every award given out. P.S. Kristen Stewart total didn't seem to care, she herself seemed disenchanted with the new film when introducing the exclusive preview that aired that night. She supposedly (that is in the eyes of the fans), is given the role of a lifetime and she's all like "meh." Anyways along with that exclusive film, the event also premiered exclusive clips from Harry Potter: The Half Blood Prince and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. So if your a fan of either, go ahead and check out those parts of the program at www.mtv.com. Finally, you'll also love all that Andy Samberg offered to the evening.

All in I guess not the worst way to spend 2 hours. Also I spotted K. Bell twice! Who I totally love :)


3 comments:

The Derelict said...

I didn't watch the show, but I think you've said pretty much everything I would have said too. Seriously, first we agree about K Bell and VMars, then on Chuck and Sarah OTP, now on the MTV Poop awards -- get out of my head Good Grief!!!! ;)

Seriously people he's a vampire not rooted in mythology but in what Stephanie Myers tells you to believe about vampires. Come on! He glitters in the sunlight.

This is my favorite quote ever. It should be shouted loudly and often at those ridiculous, obsessive Twilight fans until it destroys them, like throwing holy water on a vampire. ;)

Lea said...

oh god Good Grief, Zozizzle and I were watching this too and just shaking our heads in disbelief. Every time Twilight won an award I died a little inside. The whole thing was such a friggin joke. I liked what The Zefron said when he won, because I think he too realizes how stupid the whole thing is (I think I have a slight crush on him IDK).

Kristin Stewart though is kind of amazing, because she 1) always looks like she's on drugs and 2) clearly hates Twilight and all of it's fans. She's awesome.

I loved the Harry Potter clip OMG! Also the "New Moon" trailer looked lame as hell! That "wolf" was laughably bad. Jacob was looking really hot though (Oh god I'm going to hell...)

Justina said...

Can I say that I find it really funny that Disney and Twilight were winning awards on MTV... honestly... what happened to the days when kids could rely on MTV to give them a way to be rebellious? What parent is going to say that MTV is going to send you to hell when Disney movies are winning all their awards? Oh how the mighty have fallen.