Thursday, June 18, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Top 18 Perform

Yeah, we're blogging SYTYCD again.

I like Lil C. I've come to the realization that I like all of the guest judges, but none of the regular judges. Mary-hate is a given, but I've never really liked Uncle Nigel that much either. I always feel like he has an agenda. He's like Simon in a way. Damn Brits ;)

Randi and Evan - Jive:
It certainly was fun, heh. It wasn't the greatest thing ever, but I liked it. Those two make an adorable couple.

Mellisa and Ade - Jazz: Sonya has done some of the weirdest yet coolest routines on this show. I love Ade! He is AWESOME! Mellisa I'm unsure about, I wasn't too impressed with her this routine. But Ade? Love.

Caitlin and Jason - Hip-hop: OMG Baby Jason dancing as Michael Jackson is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. So, I kind of loved that. Jason was so good. That flip Caitlin did toward the end was crazy, but I was way more impressed with Jason. Wow, ok, so apparently I'm a bad judge of dancing, because the judges hated this, heh.

Janette and Brandon - Disco: Brandon, I hate you for having that body and never working out. As for the routine? Ca-razy and super impressive, damn! They should, however, banish disco from this show and American Idol. Why would anyone want to relive disco? LOL Lil C is always so ~deep. I love him.

Asuka and Vitolio - Waltz: I don't know why I love these two, I just do. OMG Vitolio stop it with your tears! You're making me fall for you even more! Damn, I got chills watching that. Gorgeous. I've never seen judges cry as much as they do on this show.

Kayla and Max - Pop Jazz: I always think Max looks like he's going to be super serious and dour, but he actually seems like a sweetheart. I love him too. Geez, I love too many people on this show. What a cool routine. They were ridiculously synchronized. Something bothers me about Kayla. I think it's because the judges fawn all over her all the damn time. Hey, look at that, I guess I don't love everyone after all.

Karla and Jonathan - Contemporary: Why are you so adorable Jonathan? Like, I cannot even handle him, god damn. OMG Falling Slooooooooooowly! Shit, it's the original though. Which is still pretty awesome, but if it was the Kris version I think I would have died and then these two would have automatically become my favorite contestants and and...what is wrong with me? Ahem. Ok, the routine...wait a sec...Damn...I think they became two of my favorites regardless! That was SO good! That's it, I'm rooting for these two. You know I love me an underdog.

Jeanine and Phillip - Tango: Jeanine is weird. Phillip is kind of cute. That...was kind of a weird routine. It was sort of a slow tango. Jeanine was a lot better than Phillip though. There were good parts to it, but I didn't really love it. Hm, lots of Phillip pimping going on right now.

Kupono and Ashley - Hip-Hop: Kupono is one of my favs. I love the beginning of the routine with the shadow stuff. So cool. The rest of it I thought was fine. I think the judges are being a bit harsher this week than last week, but maybe it's just because overall the routines are not quite as good as they were last week.

I am so bad at making predictions for this show, so I'm not going to make a guess on who is going home. I did think the best of the night were Asuka & Vitolio and Karla & Jonathan. I did really like Kayla & Max and Janette & Brandon too though. Mary was also slightly less annoying, which was good. Let's hope she keeps that up.

No comments: