Wednesday, June 10, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Top 20 Perform

So, I'm attempting the whole 'blog about So You Think You Can Dance while it's happening' thing. I'm...skeptical on how this is going to turn out. Only because, even though I'm not a singer, for American Idol I can at least tell relatively whether or not someone is singing well. With SYTYCD, I'm always just like, "wow, that looks cool!" with no actual idea whether or not a dancer is actually good or not, heh.
Also, I hate Mary. HATE HER. If you thought I hated Kara on American Idol, it is nothing compared to the hatred I feel for Mary Murphy. This could prove...distracting while trying to blog, heh.
I still do really like this show though and am excited that the finals are starting since I hate the audition shows. Still, I have no idea how this blog is going to turn out, heh.

It's starting:
Wait...is the SYTYCD set the same as the American Idol set? How have I never noticed that before?

I did watch a few of the auditions so I recognize some of these people, but I don't know any of their names. OMG there's so many of them, ugh. I'm never going to remember any of these people until like, the top 10.

Cat Deely is fucking awesome! I have a giant girl crush on her. I. Love. Her. Adam Shankman YES! I'm pretty sure he's my favorite judge. He's fabulous.

I forgot that I kind of don't like the format of this show. With the judges ultimately picking who stays or who goes out of the bottom 3. I don't like giving the judges that much power on any kind of reality show. /bitter

The whole choosing between the brothers thing last episode was so sad. I thought it was kind of cruel :/

Holy shit, this show is 2 hours?!

Jeanine and Phillip - Hip-Hop: Ok, SYTYCD fanatics, why do I recognize Phillip? Has he auditioned before? I feel like they've featured him before. I also feel like people who do hip-hop routines have an automatic advantage. Because who doesn't like hip-hop? Aw, that was good. He was a lot better than her though, but that's his style so it's expected. I liked it! Yay! Jeez, Mary acts drunker than Paula Abdul.

Asuka and Vitolio - Broadway: I like this couple because I like both their names. Oh...Vitolio has a sad story and an accent. He's going straight to the top 10 at least. That was cute. Again, I thought the guy was better. The judges are dissapointed and I kind of agree? It was kind of boring. Cute, but boring. I hope they make it through though because I like them.

Karla and Jonathan - Cha Cha: Jonathan is kind of ridiculously cute, hot damn. Jonathan, don't encourage Mary to scream for you! OMG "Poker Face"? Sweet! Oooh, I think I liked it. It was cool and different. Jesus H. Christ I hate Mary Murphy.

Randi and Evan - Jazz: Ok, Evan so has an advantage over everyone because of the brother thing. And dammit, I don't care, I love him! Look at his smile! OMFG HE'S FROM MICHIGAN?! Ok, yeah, he's my favorite. Damn you, Evan! Wow, so... I LOVED IT! Sexy. They were so good. Yay, favorite contestant!

Paris and Tony - Hip-Hop: Wow, Paris's story about her car crash is scary. That's great that she can still dance. That was a cool routine! I like the "hard hitting" hip-hop they do on this show. I think Paris was better, which is surprising because Tony is supposed to be the hip-hop guy. Eh, I don't think it was as bad as the judges said it was, but yeah, it wasn't amazing.

Caitlin and Jason - Bollywood: Ack Jason, you are adorable! Ooh, I like it when they do Bollywood. "Jai Ho"?! Fuck, yeah! Whoa, hello kiss at the end! I loved that! I'm just so impressed that they could do that! So awesome! Please do Bollywood every week!

Janette and Brandon - Foxtrot: Wow, why did the judges not like Brandon? He seems awesome. See, I always feel bad for the couples who get these kind of dances, because they're never going to be as exciting as the others. It was just nice. The ending was kind of awesome though. I really legitimately think Mary Murphy is drunk.

Ashley and Kupono - Jazz: Kupono's audition is one of the few that I remember, because he reminded me of Mark from last season. Actually, I think I read somewhere that he knows Mark maybe? Oh Mark. You were my absolute favorite and should of won last year! Bleeding Love is still one of the best routines this show has ever had. Also, here is a picture of Mark with Kris Allen. Yes. Anyhoo, Wade Robson does the weirdest routines. OMG this is so weird and cool! I thought they were both really good. Kupono, you are my other favorite contestant :)

Melissa and Ade - Contemporary: Melissa is 29 and old. I feel bad for dancers. I love Ade's hair. Damn, that was super impressive. They were SO good. Adam Shankman is crying.

Kayla and Max - Samba: Yes! A Russian ballroom dancer! There needs to be one every season. And he is super intense too. That was hot. I like these two. Adam Shankman makes being really really excited adorable. Mary Murphy makes being really really excited annoying and ridiculous. Ugh.

I'm not going to make any predictions about who's going to leave tomorrow because I have no effing idea.

I like this show. I think I will try and blog about it next week.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

LOL, no joke about Mary Murphy. She really was hammered drunk tonight, I've never seen a judge act that nuts before.

There's no way that was all just emotion wrapped up in the dancing. She was shitfaced.

Lea said...

OMG, I know right? Like, I wasn't even joking! She had to be drunk! No one can actually be that crazy, can they?

God, she's so annoying!