Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Disco sucks

So, I said I was going to post more. And here I am, posting more! There's randomness ahead!

Zozizzle, this post is for you! I've come to the realization that Zozizzle is a closeted Kris Allen fangirl. She'll never admit it, of course. Oh no. She's way too highbrow for American Idol, but I know the truth. Girlfriend enjoyed when I forced her to vote for Kris during the finale. I know you can't wait to see him on tour Zozizzle, you scoundrel! Anyhoo, I'm planning on doing an ~epic~ Kris Allen post at a later date, but for now I'm posting the best Kris interview I've seen so far (and I've seen...a lot). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to embed this video (damn you, EW), so here's a link:

'Idolatry': Kris Allen on obscure songs, matching aprons, and the coolest thing he's ever done

Watch all 5 epic parts of epicness! I've expressed my love for 'Idolatry' in the past and Michael Slezak and the team just continue to be amazingly awesome. I loved being able to hear Kris answer intelligent questions about the show, instead of all this inane "culture war" shit he gets asked in other interviews. Kris comes across as someone who really loves music above all else, and I love that he's such a "lyrics guy" who thinks about the meaning of the song over everything. He also comes across as charming, funny, nice, and totally hot (ahem). Slezak is also such a fanboy in this it's ridiculously endearing, heh. My favorite part however is when Kris talked about how pissed he was after his duet with Danny. Even though he's trying to be nice, you can tell how the guy really feels about the whole thing. I love it because I felt the same way! Thinking about Rock Week still makes me so flippin angry, ugh. Anyhoo, what I really want to do is show this interview to all the (lame-ass) Kris-haters. I think it would change a lot of people's minds about him. Watching this again, it's just reminded me how deserving he was of winning and how proud I am to be his fan. I can't wait to do my epically self-indulgent post about him later!

(As an aside, everyone should definitely check out the other 'Idolatry' episodes from the season along with the other interviews. The interviews with Anoop, Matt, Allison, and Adam are all really funny and insightful. The interview with Danny is extremely awkward and uncomfortable, but that's just because Danny is an extremely awkward and uncomfortable human being. Whose performance spot on tour is designated for my bathroom break!)

Hope you enjoyed that, Zozizzle! Step out of the closet, fangirl!

No comments: