Friday, March 27, 2009

Thursday night television recap: This sh*t just got real

The Office 5.21 "Two Weeks"-
I really liked this episode of The Office. It didn't have as many laugh out loud moments for me, but I thought it was really well written and offered up a lot of implications for the weeks to come. I totally bought that Pam would want to leave and not be a receptionist. I think they've been building that up with her character for a long time. BUT I thought it was pretty stupid that she would go with Michael of all people. She has to know there is no way he's going to get his business off the ground, right? I like that she decided to take charge, but that was also a really impulsive thing to do, and I'm not sure where they're going with it exactly. Still, I can't wait to see more, and I think that's why this episode succeeded. Also, Michael's attempts to get people to come to his company and people's rejection of said attempts allowed for some pretty funny moments, heh.

30 Rock 3.16 "Apollo, Apollo"-
Great episode! 30 Rock can be hit or miss for me sometimes, but I really enjoyed this episode. I love Jack and Liz's relationship and I think this episode highlighted it very well, while also hitting a kind of sweet emotional chord with Jack becoming a kid again. Aw. My favorite part of the episode though? Seeing the world through Kenneth's eyes. Muppets! I really do wish I could live my life like that! :)




Supernatural 4.17 "It's a Terrible Life"-

I thought this was a really nice episode. The past two weeks have been super serious and mytharc-y so it was nice to get a more lighthearted episode for change. Although, it seemed that the episode was going to be completely stand alone, and then they turned that on its head at the end. I liked that while it was a fun ep, it also connected into the mytharc somewhat, and I liked the implications behind Zachariah and trying to get Dean to buy into his destiny. My absolute favorite part of the episode however, was the return of the Ghostfacers! I don't know why, but I love them! "It's illegal in some states" "All states" "Possibly all states" LOL. I hope we get another Ghostfacers-centric episode soon!

Grey's Anatomy 5.19 "Elevator Love Letter"-




You guys! You guys you guys YOU GUYS! Listen! I actually watched the entire episode of Grey's tonight! I didn't just wait to watch YouTube clips of Kevin McKidd the next morning. I actually sat down to watch the whole episode and I'm glad I did, because um....it was pretty good. I actually thought that stupid Meredith's and stupid Derek's proposal scene was pretty sweet. But most importantly, seeing all the Cristina/Owen stuff in context just made it that much better. Dear sweet god! I kind of feel sorry for people who haven't been exposed to this couple yet. They. Are. Epic. And tragic! YOU GUYS! I am getting emotional just thinking about them. I had heard they were going to go to a dark place this episode with Owen's PTSD, but even I wasn't expecting that scene with them at the beginning. Extremely disturbing. But that scene, plus the hug scene afterward were so unbelievably well acted and emotional and ugh...they are amazing! And then the sex scene! Oh my. I don't know if I have words for that yet. It was both incredibly hot and incredibly sad all at the same time. These are two people who desperately want to be together, but can't because of things outside of their control. I thought Sandra Oh and Kevin McKidd did an amazing job this episode, and while I'm crushed they broke up, I am happy that Owen is going to get help.
Lordy, I just read over what I just wrote and I sound like a complete and utter crazy person, but I'm going to post this anyways, because people need to know how great those two are. Look at what you've turned me into, Grey's! You have turned me into a raving lunatic! I think I may need help.

No comments: