Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Lost 5.8 "LaFleur"

Bullet point time!
  • I really really liked this episode. I think it was really well constructed and interesting and answered a lot of questions, while at the same time being mysterious enough that I can't wait for the next episode!
  • Maybe I liked this episode so much because it reminded me just how great of a character Sawyer is. He was bad ass, compassionate, funny, commanding, and he actually washed his hair! Josh Holloway did a great job as well.
  • I would go gay for Juliet. How awesome is she? Shooting those others, saving the baby, fixing the car. Love her.
  • Speaking of Sawyer and Juliet.....OMG SAWYER/JULIET!!!!! Now, I've mentioned before that I've been a fan of Sawyer/Juliet, but really only since the season started. The truth is, I never really liked the love quadrangle that much, but I sort of accepted that it was going to be Sawyer/Kate and Jack/Juliet and I was fine with that. But then last season Kate and Jack were big old jerks to their "significant others" and Sawyer and Juliet were just so awesome in general, that I thought 'screw Jack and Kate! Sawyer and Juliet deserve eachother!' And that's really been reinforced this season with Jack and Kate still being stupid and lame. I wasn't sure if they were actually going to go there with Sawyer/Juliet which was why I was so happy they did. I thought their scenes together were really cute and I really liked them. In fact I said 'Aw' all throughout the scene when they said they loved each other. I know there will be people who disagree, but I really bought them together in the scenes they had. I loved how supportive Sawyer was with Juliet when she was going to deliver the baby, and when he said he couldn't remember Kate's face I was like, 'GOOD!'
  • Along those lines however, I almost puked when Kate came out of the Dharma van at the end and her and Sawyer were looking at each other like that. The one thing that makes me leary of Sawyer/Juliet is that now that Kate and Jack are back the show might reinstate the stupid quadrangle again and Juliet will get her heart broken. Don't you dare break Juliet's heart, Sawyer. Ugh I hate you Kate.
  • Daniel broke my heart when he was crying over Charlotte and then saw her as a little kid. Poor Daniel.
  • I love Miles
  • Michelle Dessler!!!!! Oh Michelle, why did they have to kill you off 24? Why?! That still makes me pissed off when I think about it. Damn you, 24! I hate you too! Still, it was awesome seeing her again and I hope she's on the show for a while. But who was her baby? Being Lost, you know it's going to be someone important.
  • 4-toed statue wtf?
  • Richard Alpert, you crazy crazy eyeliner man. Just what the hell are you? And why are you so sexy? ;)
  • TWO WEEKS?! We have to wait two more weeks for a new Lost? *darth vader scream* Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

zozizzle said...

Mmm. Great review, mindgrapes.
I was so happy that Sawyer and Juliet were together! Then...Kate showed up. When Kate and Sawyer were looking at each other all longingly at the end, I literally kept yelling, "No, just...no!" at the monitor. I hope Sawyer realizes that JulietBAMF! > Lame!Kate. If Juliet ends up getting screwed again, I am done with you, Lost! Done! *rant over*

2 weeks is too long to wait!!!

Lea said...

Complete word to everything you said! How someone could pick Kate over Juliet I'll never understand. Don't make me hate you, Sawyer! ;)