Wednesday, August 5, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Top 4 Perform

Finale! Who will win? Who do I want to win? Who cares? Not gonna lie, I don't really at all. I would be happy if anyone won really (ok, so I wouldn't be very happy if Kayla won).

I'm already missing Ade and Melissa. Again, Ade was I think my favorite, and if he was still around, I think I would be rooting for him to win.

They're in the Kodak theater? That's new this year, right? Isn't that where the American Idol finale was? Ah the American Idol finale...I'm having such amazing flashbacks right now. Sigh...

Adam motherfucking Shankman! YES! Hands down my favorite judge.

Top 4 Dance: Two jocks and two cheerleaders. That was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Cute and really, really fun. It was cool and different.

Evan & Jeanine - Jazz: Aw that was good. It's weird seeing them dance on that stage though. I don't know if I like it. I thought this was a good dance, but I wasn't incredibly wowed by it or anything.

Brandon - Solo: Brandon's grown on me so much during this competition. He was AMAZING last week. If he won, I wouldn't be mad at all. And yep, he was amazing again. He's such a powerful dancer. It's really kind of awesome to watch.

Brandon & Kayla - Broadway: I normally don't like Broadway, but this was really good. I really liked it. I think I liked it because it was darker and weirder and less cheerful than most of the other Broadway routines.

Jeanine - Solo: Another one that totally grew on me. She needed to get away from Phillip before I could fully appreciate her. Oh this was one of her best solos. I really liked that A LOT. You guys...I'm starting to think she might win this show.

Evan & Brandon - Pop Jazz: That was interesting. I don't even really know what to think about this dance. It was just awkward all around. Poor Evan...they're really ripping into him.

Kayla & Jeanine - Contemporary: The best part about that was the taking off of the different layers, but otherwise it was kind of meh. A little boring. Jeanine was better than Kayla though.

Evan - Solo: Evan! I really do like you a lot. If you won, that would be alright. He's so unique so that's why I've always liked him. He's different from anyone else on this show. Unfortunately, that wasn't his best solo. He needed to bring it a bit more. Oh they are being so mean to him. I STILL LOVE YOU, EVAN!

Evan & Kayla - Jive: Why did I like that so much? What? That was fun, and Evan was better than Kayla. Oh crap, the more and more they criticize Evan, the more likely he is to get pity votes and win the whole show.

Kayla - Solo: She's the freaking Danny Gokey of this show, ugh. That was a fine solo, but idk, once again I'm not impressed. Please don't win, Kayla.

Brandon & Jeanine - Paso Doble: Oh wow, that shit was intense. It wasn't my favorite dance, but it was still really damn good....and cool.

Overall: Who's going to win? Who's going to win? For once, I actually think I know who's going to take it: Jeanine. I didn't think it was possible, but I really think she's going to win. And if it's not her, I think it might be Brandon. Evan though...Evan is the wildcard in all of this. He's not the best dancer, I'll admit that, but they totally threw him under the bus this episode and I think he could get a lot of pity votes. Especially because he has such a large fanbase. Honestly, if Kayla's the Gokey of SYTYCD, then Evan is kind of the Kris, and really, just thinking about that makes me want Evan to win (although, I will say that Kris was legit the best of the season (along with Adam), where it's clear that Evan isn't the best. But...this episode and Evan's sad, defeated face is reminding me of Rock Week on American Idol and it makes me want Evan to win to shove it in the judges' faces). As long as it's not Kayla, I'm good. And luckily, I really don't think she has a chance at all. Not voting though so...whatever! :)

No comments: