Friday, August 7, 2009

Ponyo

Ponyo is the new Disney film being released in theaters next Friday, August 14. It's about a goldfish that wishes to turn into a girl and by her fruition she does! Because she met a boy Sosuke who saved her and became her friend. Its very reminiscent of the The Little Mermaid, which is one of my favorite Disney movies but the reason I'll be dragging myself to a theatre near me is because of it's director and writer Hayao Miyazaki. The same brilliant mind that brought us Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. Besides it's kawaii factor. I'm psyched for the visual effects.




2 comments:

Lea said...

OMG I WANT TO SEE THIS MOVIE SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!

Hayao Miyazaki is one of my favorite directors EVER. Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and My Neighbor Totoro are some of my favorite movies. Not to mention Princess Mononoke, the inspiration for our blog! :)

I'm definitely going to see this movie, and I know I'll love it. It looks super cute

MightyMaxine said...

Right, I'm just sad that we won't get to experience the magic together :(