Monday, August 17, 2009

incoherent ramblings for a sunday night of television

maybe I'll write coherently tomorrow, but today is not that day

True Blood 2.09 "I Will Rise Up"-
What is with the boring tonight, True Blood? Nothing happened in this episode until the very end. Except Eric. Eric happened. Oh, how Eric happened. I've always really liked the guy, but now? Now...I am full blown obsessively in love with him. He's hot, he's way better with Sookie than Bill, and he cried! He fucking cried at the end. He was in love with Godric! It was so strange to see him so vulnerable at the end. The man was bull blown weeping, and I was getting super emotional over the whole thing. I'll miss Godric too. Miss him A LOT (note to The Derelict, Godric is the potential actor playing Robb or Theon. He was killed off of True Blood this episode, which means his schedule is now open!). That was the only thing worthwhile this episode, since I'm choosing to ignore the creepy Sookie/Jason incestual conversation. What was up with that? Also, Sam needs to be in the episodes more.

Mad Men 3.01 "Out of Town"-
SAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! SAL! OMG SAL *cries* Poor poor Sal. He has always been one of my favorite characters. I cried for him in that season 2 episode when he realized he had a crush on Ken (and who doesn't? He was fantastic this episode), and I was so so happy when that (extremely forward) bellman started kissing him. At that moment, I didn't care that Sal was married, I want him to be happy SO badly...and then it was all taken away. He breaks my heart. Best part of the episode for sure. As far as the rest goes, Don...just, why? And Pete. Oh Pete....I was watching this episode with 3 people who had never seen the show before and they all couldn't STAND Pete. When I told them I adored Pete, they were so confused, heh. I'm still pretty confused as to why I like him so much, but he's always been one of my favorites. Even when he was acting like a little whiny bitch this episode, I still loved him. Pete! Also, get down with your bad self, Peggy!

4 comments:

The Derelict said...

Seriously, I love Pete too. Why? Because he's such an adorable wooby, he just wants love and validation. Did you see his happy dance in his office after he got the promotion??? Adorable. Plus, he's a dork, and I have a soft spot for dorks.

Sal is always breaking my heart. Poor Sal.

Was it just me, or did Don seem more "Dick Whitman"-ish this episode. He seems softer somehow, more vulnerable. I'm glad the fire alarm went off, though, so he didn't sleep with that idiotic stewardess. I never cared for Bobbie Barrett and Midge, but at least they were intelligent and spunky and not total bimbos like that stewardess. Gah! She sucked.

I think Sally Draper is so cute! I love her and hope she's on the show more.

I would be excited for that guy to play Robb in Game of Thrones, but I will reserve judgement until I see him with auburn hair. ;)

Lea said...

Pete is so adorable omg! I love that man. I want him to dance around dorkily forever!

Yeah, there was something a little different about Don this episode. Definitely a bit more introspective.

And that stewardess was a ho fo sho. I kept yelling at the screen for Don to stop with her. She was lame.

Sally is SO cute. Have I mentioned how much I love Don's kids? Adorable!

The rumor probably isn't even true, but omg I would die if he was Robb. I loved him on True Blood (pissed he had to die and they didn't kill off Sookie instead ;))

The Derelict said...

Yeah Sookie, gdiaf! ;)

I am in love with Robb Stark. Whoever they cast for him better be hott!!!!111!!!1!

Lea said...

I'm sorry, but Robb and Jon better be hot. I don't give a fuck if they can't act, there better be some goddamn eye-candy on this show!

;)