Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Top 6 Perform

Jason! :( I was crushed last week when he was eliminated, but at the same time understood it. Watching his and Brandon's solos back to back made it apparent that Brandon really was the better dancer. I'll still miss Jason and his adorableness though :(

As far as the girls, however, last week was a total win-win! It's strange however that when it came right down to it, I was happy it was Janette and not Kayla. I think I'm starting to maybe sort of like her a little bit more than I used to. At least I don't hate her anymore, heh.

Oh, hi, this is my dream Top 4: Evan, Ade, Jeanine, Melissa

Could it happen? Probably not. Do I really care that much? No. I'm telling you people, this years American Idol was an anomaly. I normally DO NOT get this invested in reality shows. I honestly do not really care who wins. It's why I very rarely watch the results shows.

Oh, I'm sorry, you want me to start talking about the episode now? OK!

HOLY CRAP, THIS SHOW IS STILL 2 HOURS?! Sigh....

Oh, Lil C is there. Alright, Lil C. I like you. You can stay.

Nigel just dissed everyone left. Nice, Nigel. I'm sure that makes everyone feel great.

Top 3 guys - Jazz: Yeah, Sonya! She's one of my fav choreographers. This dance sounds like it's going to be awesome.
That was SO weird, but I could not stop laughing and smiling throughout the whole thing. I pretty much am in love with that routine. I don't mind all the freaking filler during this show if it has routines like that.

Jeanine & Ade - Samba: I'm in love with Ade, I don't even know. Also...does anyone not really like the latin dances on this show? Even if they're fast and lively, I'm always kind of 'been there, done that' about them.
Oh hey, "LoveGame". Damn, they are rocking it! This is certainly sexy. I really like these two a lot. That was very, very good. Oh...the judges aren't liking it. I don't know anything about dance, heh.

Kayla -Solo: "You Found Me". Um....she's very twitchy. I didn't really like that very much. And I'm not just saying that because I don't want her in my Top 4, that was kind of a strange solo.

Melissa & Evan - Broadway: Wow, they sound so unenthusiastic talking about each other, heh. Oh, Broadway, this should be good for Evan.
Aw, that was super cute. I thought they danced it pretty well. I'm not sure about the choreography though. You know, the judges were pretty nice to Evan, but I sometimes think the show wants Evan gone. I don't know, it's just a feeling I've gotten. They never give him effusive praise and they tend to criticize him a lot. I think they can't get rid of him though, because his popularity has sort of gotten out of control. He might even win this whole dang show (which would be cool with me!)

Ade - Solo: So many contemporary dancers on this show. Aw, so good! I love you, Ade! Kris Allen has the same shirt as Ade....Um....the fact that I know that is really, really sad. What is my life?

Kayla & Brandon - Contemporary: LOL at these two being the two I don't want in my Top 4.
OMG the synchronization! OMFG that was beautiful! Hot damn. Amazing. Ok, ok, I don't even know anymore. That was so amazing, I want these two to be in the Top 4 now. I don't even know how to feel. I don't care who gets into the Top 4 anymore!

Melissa - Solo: Melissa, I love you girl, but you gotta show a little bit more in your solos. That was kind of boring. I think Melissa might be in the most danger tomorrow :/

Jeanine & Ade - Hip-Hop: Boxes. Oh, an apartment story. Say what you will about NappyTabs, they always have interesting storylines for their dances.
Hard hitting. Aw yay! That was really good! I used to think Evan was my favorite, but somehow, someway, Ade overtook that spot. I love him! Win this show, Ade!

Brandon - Solo: Holy crap, Brandon just Brought. It. Damn boy, THAT is how you make yourself stand out. Shit just got real, bitches! The audience is giving him a standing ovation. Nigel just said he gave one of the best solos they've seen on the show. Damn, Brandon. I take it back. I take it all back. You NEED to be in the Top 4. You maybe need to win the whole show. LOL I'm so schizophrenic.

Melissa & Evan - Quickstep: I don't like the quickstep that much :/ Ok, wait, maybe this show does want Evan to win. He's getting two routines right in his style.
Ah this was so much fun! One of my fav quicksteps I've ever seen on this show. Way better than their broadway. I liked it a lot. Judges aren't liking it that much. I know nothing about dance.

Jeanine - Solo: Again, kind of a boring solo. We want to see something new. Besides Brandon, no one is showing us something that we already didn't know that they could do.

Evan - Solo: Ok, so Evan didn't show us anything he couldn't do, but at least he isn't a contemporary dancer. That's why I always love his solos.

Brandon & Kayla - Disco: Oh, disco again :/
Whoa mama, that was fun. They were very good. So, do you guys think the show wants Brandon and Kayla in the top 4? They only gave them 2 of the best routines of the night. What the hell is Lil C talking about? Oh, uh, I guess Nigel pretty much just answered my question, didn't he? He so has it in the bag for these two, heh.

Top 3 Girls - Contemporary: Yeah, Sonya again! Rockin' the Bjork T-shirt!
That was power...Girl power! Yeah, I dug that. Pretty dang cool.

Overall opinions: I'M IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOOOOOOOTION!!!!!! I have no idea who is going home or who I want to go home or anything right now. I'm right back to not caring who wins, because I just don't know who I want to win anymore. Ok ok, wait, I am going to make a prediction on who is going home tomorrow. I have a big long, complicated reason that I just spent 10 minutes telling to Zozizzle (who only just got here for the last 10 minutes), but I'm not going to repeat it here because I'm lazy and it would take forever. So here it is, going home tomorrow: Melissa and Ade.

Comments from Zozizzle: I've only seen the last part of this episode, but I think, even though I only saw a snippet of the solos, Brandon should stay. Jeanine is my favorite girl. I really liked what I saw of her last week, so I think she should be in the Top 4. As far as the other 2 spots, I think anyone could make it. If Evan makes it into the Top 4, do you think he could win? I think he might be in over his head, but his fanbase could power him to the top. Overall, less Mary, more dancers = a happy Zozizzle.

No comments: