Wednesday, July 8, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance: Top 12 Perform

I'm currently on pain killers. This review could prove interesting.

They're doing two routines tonight? Ugh this show is so long.

Melissa and Ade
Disco: Seriously, why disco? Why?
They're both really good and this routine is cool, but I don't particularly ever feel the need to watch disco, thanks. Holy crap, these lifts are insane! LOL she fell at the end. Aw, I love this couple. I want them to go really far!
Waltz: Very nice. I just find waltzes boring so I'm not like, crazy about it. Don't care though because I love these two a lot. They better make it into the top 10.

Kayla and Kupono
Contemporary: Uh oh, a Mia Michaels contemporary. This should be good. Kupono is amazing...I really like this guy.
Goosebumps. Wow. Just, wow. The choreography was awesome, but they also danced it absolutely perfectly.
Broadway: West Side Story! Oh hell yes! Is it just me or were they actually doing some of the steps from that West Side Story scene? I LOVED this so much! It could just be because West Side Story is one of my favorite movies of all time, but I really thought this was a nice routine. Shut up, Nigel! I'm um, disagreeing with the judges here. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about.

Caitlin and Jason
Foxtrot: They were good, but kind of boring. And I can't really blame them, but the style they chose. I always think that Jason is better than Caitlin.
Lyrical Jazz: These two are incredibly synchronized, and I really liked this. Very smooth and pretty. Kind of boring again though.

Phillip and Jeanine
Russian folk: Ummmmm...it's cool that they keep adding new dances to this show, but uh, this was a hot mess. Phillip was not so good here, but I can't really blame him, because this is such a random, off-the-wall style. I didn't like that so much.
Jive: Much better than their first one. Jeanine is way better than Phillip. She was great this routine. The judges always give Phillip a pass for dancing poorly in styles that aren't his own. Why? I don't get it. *mumble*chosenones*mumble*

Randi and Evan
Hip-Hop: Aw, that was super cute. I love this couple! They just always look so happy all the time together. I love this kind of "nice and fluffy" hip-hop they sometimes do on this show.
Samba: No! I don't want them to be seperated! They're my favorite couple. Pasha! OMG Pasha! I freaking loved Pasha! He should have won his season...he's so dreamy.
Whoa that lift at the beginning was ridiculous. Aw, that was great! Ah see, Nigel criticized Evan for struggling out of his style, but didn't do the same for Phillip. I'm on to you Uncle Nigel...I know you learned how to judge from Simon Cowell.

Brandon and Jeanette
Argentine Tango: Sexy. Even if I found the routine a little boring, they both were fantastic in it. I think these two might be some of the best dancers left. Nigel gave them a slow clap. I love slow claps. Nigel has it in the bag for these two SO much.
Jazz: Wade! Yes!
Crap, I can't stop smiling! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm turning into Mary Murphy! That was SO good! I love them! Best routine of the night!

Overall, like I said, Brandon and Jeanette's Jazz was the best of the night, but my second favorite was Kayla and Kupono's Contemporary. I think that Phillip and Jeanine could be in trouble because of that weird Russian dance they had to do, but I'm starting to get the feeling that Caitlin and Jason are not among the frontrunners on this show, and therefore if they wind up in the bottom will probably be going home. We shall see...

No comments: