Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lost 5.14 "The Variable"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....

NO! This is terrible! Not my Daniel! *sniff* Aw man. I can't believe it! I'm so upset right now! What?! Just...WHAT?!

Ahem...

Ok, I'm trying to calm down a bit now, but that ending was just horrible! I thought this episode was FANTASTIC, and then that ending. Damn. It makes it all the more terrible, because the reason why this episode was so fantastic was because of Daniel Faraday, and I have to give HUGE props to Jeremy Davies who was AMAZING tonight. Amazing! The way he portrayed Daniel's vulnerability throughout the episode was just heartbreaking, and he has constantly been one of my most favorite additions to the cast. I've always felt that Daniel was an extremely interesting character, and this episode just proved it ten-fold. Everything about him, from his sad childhood to his desperate need for his mother to be proud of him to his heartbreak over losing his memory to his confidence on the island that he could change things was just...perfection. And to have Eloise be the one that kills him in the end? That was just...so utterly disturbing, and the look on Daniel's face as he said "I'm your son" is one of the saddest things I've ever seen on this show. Damn. Just, damn! Why do you gotta be killing off all my favorite characters, Lost?!

There were other things that I enjoyed in this episode. First being the fact that Desmond is ok! Yay! I also love the weird relationship between Eloise and Widmore and I LOVED the fact that Widmore turned out to be Daniel's father (I was sort of suspecting it, but I like that it was confirmed). I also thought all of the stuff with Dharma was great. Really really tense! I have no idea what's going to happen with them next week, but gosh, I feel SO bad for Sawyer and Juliet :(. I also thought little moppet Charlotte was adorable and Daniel's conversation with Chang was hilarious! I'm also greatly intrigued to see what happens with the Swan station and whether or not one could actually change the past. There was some great set-up with this episode and I am freaking out about what's to come!

Even with all of that however, I still can't get over Daniel. Farewell Daniel! May you rest in peace with my other favorite characters killed off of Lost way too soon, Boone, Eko, and Charlie. You are in good company, sir! Namaste!

Oh, and for those zero people who are wondering, Matt got voted out on American Idol tonight! Which was good because I was absolutely convinced that Kris was going home, especially since he ended up in the bottom 3. But he didn't, so...thank you, America! I still can't believe Adam was in the bottom 2 though. Crazysauce! Still, Final 4! I'm so proud of Kris! Let's hope he can rock it for Rock Week next week!

No comments: