Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol Top 7 Finalists: Tarantino? Tarantino!

Yes, that's right, Quentin Tarantino is the guest mentor for the night. No, I don't know what he has to do with singing. Still, excited! Tarantino! Ahem..."Songs From the Movies" week. Of course, first person who sings a Disney song wins the night!

And here we go...

Allison: "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" from Armageddon. I love this song, but is this the best choice for Allison right now? Nice orchestra in the background. She's not really hitting the low notes. Much better on the chorus and at the end. She can really belt it out. It was pretty good, but not my favorite of hers. Paula and Simon liked it.

Anoop: "Everything I Do" from Robin Hood. Awesome, awesome job! One of his best performances. Anoop is in trouble, so I hope this helps him out.

Adam: "Born to Be Wild" from Easy Rider. This is going to be crazy. It's theatrical Adam this week! Well, that was entertaining to say the least. A bit too much, perhaps? Whatever, his voice sounded great. Everyone loved it. Paula's having an orgasm.

Matt: "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman" from Don Juan. This is a stupid song. He sang it fairly well, but I don't think it did him any favors. He still goes overboard with the falsetto and some of the notes were out of tune. Randy and Kara didn't like it.

Danny: "Endless Love" from Endless Love. Boring again. And not that good of a vocal. Please don't over-praise again, judges. Simon's dissapointed, thank god! Thank you, Simon! Finally!

Kris: Do me proud, baby! "Falling Slowly" from Once. Very pretty. The beginning was a little rough, but it kept getting better and better. Randy didn't like it because he's an idiot. Kara LOVED it! Wow, go Kara!

Lil: "The Rose" from The Rose. Oh no, Lil. This is a mistake waiting to happen. Her voice isn't strong enough for this song. The gospely part was better though. The last note wasn't good. Paula is spouting nonsense. Simon says she isn't the contestant he though she was. Go Simon, again! Finally someone said what I've been thinking. Oh no, Lil's giving Simon sass. Bad move, Lil.

Final verdict: I was a wee bit distracted tonight so I don't feel too strongly one way or another. My favorites tonight were Kris and Anoop. I think either Matt or Lil are going tomorrow.

...

VOTE FOR KRIS!

2 comments:

The Derelict said...

dude, your American Idol thoughts are hilarious! I mean, they are super-fun and I don't even watch the show!!! I hope Anoop (whoever he is, heh) does well this week since "Everything I Do" is basically the best song ever. ;)

Someone should have done "Bang, Bang, I Shot You Down" -- Tarantino would have loved it! Kill Bill shout-out, woot!!11!

Lea said...

Hee! I'm glad my thoughts entertained you!

Haha, I knew you'd like "Everything I Do". I didn't know where that song was from, but as soon as they said Robin Hood I was like, "Sweet!" ;)

Tarantino was actually a better mentor than I thought he would be. He's a total crazy person though. I thought of the Kill Bill soundtrack the entire time. Someone should have sucked up and sang something from that cd, heh.