Tuesday, April 21, 2009

American Idol Top 7 Redux: I hope Adam sings "It's Raining Men"

DISCO! ....Who the hell picks these themes? Who wants to listen to these kids sing disco? Who wants to listen to anyone sing disco? Eh...

This is a pretty big episode because of the Historic! Judges! Save! last week, which makes me increasingly more and more pissed off the more I think about it. I won't truly know how I feel about the save until the results show tomorrow, where it will either be: expected (Lil, Matt, Anoop), soul-crushingly horrible (Kris, Allison, Adam), or the greatest thing in the history of great things (Danny). Of course, tomorrow is the double elimination which means everyone has a greater chance of going home, and I will spend a longer amount of time stressing out tonight and won't be able to sleep. Great! Can't wait!

I can never decide if I hate this show or love it. Sigh.

Lil: They're not doing pre-videos this week? "I'm Every Woman" This was a good song choice for her I think. She's dancing all over the stage. The backup singers are really overpowering her. I can barely hear her voice, so I have no idea if she sounds good. Well, it was fun, but....I'm still very 'eh' about her. Oh wow, the judges have really turned on her, heh. I kind of feel bad for her even though she NEEDS to go this week. And...she ruined all the good feelings by talking back to the judges. Please stop talking, Lil.

Kris: Crap, he has a horrible performance spot this week. Guitar! "She Works Hard For the Money" Ryan thinks we'll like it. OMG this is AMAZING already and he hasn't even started singing yet. You can really hear his guitar. He totally changed around this song. There's a bongo and a guy hitting a crate or something? It was folksy and acoustic and soulful and amazing! That was awesome! The audience loves him. The judges LOVE him. I'm so proud of him!

Danny: "September". He's screaming at me. If the judges don't give him the "karaoke" label, I'll be mad. Meh. I am not digging this performance at all! I know I'm biased because I hate him, but he didn't sound that great. Of course the judges liked it. Blech. His pitch is always right on? Really Kara? Simon did say he didn't get anything from the performance and thought it was clumsy though. Of course, then Paula had to go and tell Danny she'd see him in the finals. Ugh.

Allison: "Hot Stuff" She's sitting on the stairs and it's starting out slowly. The song is rocking now. Her voice is so good, but I still don't think this is the best we've seen of her. She's playing to the audience. Didn't really like her last note, but pretty good overall. The judges didn't like the arrangement but they loved her voice. Simon said it was brilliant.

Adam: "If I Can't Have You" He's in a suit! Crazy. He's singing the song slow! No, Adam! You were supposed to be crazy this week! It's pretty and he's singing it very well. He always looks so into the song when he sings. He really sells it. This is kind of boring though. Oh jeez, Paula is crying. That was....my least favorite Adam performance. It was very good, but it's just that all of his other performances have been better. The judges are slobbering all over themselves. I really really like Adam. I do. But I find the pimping from the judges kind of annoying.

Matt: "Staying Alive" Very upbeat and he's dancing around. Started out good, but he lost it during the chorus. Please stop with the high notes, Matt. Someone really needs to turn the volume down on the band and the backup singers. I can't hear him very well and I've been having that problem the whole night. Oh crap, he's singing with the backup singers now. He sounds a little out of breath during the chorus. Last note was not good. Randy doesn't like the song or the arrangement, but said he can sing. Kara has always been obsessed with Matt, but didn't overpraise tonight, which I'm glad. Paula said he saved himself this week. I disagree. I think he really hurt himself here. Simon didn't like it. Yay! I want Matt gone this week.

Anoop: Are they actually going to end on time? "Dim All the Lights" He's doing his ballad thing again this week. Sounds very pretty. Now it's sort of an R&B feel. His voice doesn't sound as good as it normally does, although it's still very good. I like you Anoop, but I didn't love this. The arrangement was weird and his voice wasn't as good as most weeks. Randy, Kara, and Paula liked it. Simon disagrees! He called it mediocre and his worst performance. Wow, harsh Simon, heh.

Overall? Kris was the best. Yes, I'm biased, but I thought his originality in changing the song was brilliant! I think the second best was Allison. Everyone else was kind of 'meh'. I'm thinking Lil and Matt are going tomorrow.

No comments: