Tuesday, March 9, 2010

American Idol Top 8 Girls Perform


This week in Idol recap land, Zozizzle and I have been reunited! Yeah! We're only giving our quick comments after the performances though, so you don't have to slog through our ramblings on every moment of the show. Enjoy!

Ellen is necking Simon.

Katie- "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson
Mind Grapes:  Ew. She is awkward. And not that good. Ok, I guess her voice is sort of alright, but I don't like what she does with it...Ew. Did. Not. Like.
Zozizzle: It's good she went younger with her song choice. But, it felt a little lackluster to me. Where was the life in her voice?

Siobhan- "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals
M: Her dad is perfect. That was bold!  To just get up there and sing w/ little instrumentation. Her voice is so powerful.  I just like her. She's quirky, but good. I'm looking forward to more from her.
Z: She's got great control of her voice, that's for sure. I've never heard this version of the song, but I really like how she did it. She really knows who she is as an artist already. It was Siobhan being Siobhan. And I enjoyed it.

Lacey- "The Story" by Brandy Carlisle
M: Her hair.  She certainly has a unique voice and her falsetto was very pretty. I think it was her best performance yet, but it was boring. Forgettable
Z: This song is pretty huge in scope, and she did pretty well. I just don't know her as an artist very well. She was on pitch during the performance, but I'm missing something from her.

Katelyn- "I Feel the Earth Move" Carol King
M: IDK what she's playing right now. Zozizzle will tell you. I feel like she's kind of stretching her voice a bit. And everything feels forced. Again.  It was OK though, I guess. Interesting choice from her.
Z: Katelyn was playing a Wurlitzer. She kept on making her singing faces, which I'm not a big fan of, because they seem a bit put-on. She also didn't really have a big moment in the song, which would have left a bigger impression on the judges. Meh.

Didi- "Rihannon" Fleetwood Mac
M: That's right, Didi, play your guitar! OMG I love her voice so much. This song is absolutely perfect for her. Beautiful, gorgeous. But I'm biased :)
Z: She created a really intimate moment by singing and playing the guitar. It was a great song choice. She did really well. I love love love her tone.

Paige- "Smile" Charlie Chaplin
M: What's with all the slow songs tonight? Is she nervous? What is this arrangement? She's trying to force a moment and I don't think it's working for her. Shaky, pitchy.  I didn't really like that.
Z: She was a bit pitchy. Maybe she was nervous? She kind of looked like she was on the verge of a breakdown. It's an unfortunate case of the wrong song choice and a lack of confidence.
Simon: "It's something you'd hear at a Holiday Inn 1974." Well said, Mr. Cowell.

Crystal- "Gimme One Reason" by Tracy Chapman
M: OMG Zozizzle is having a Simon chin hands Susan Boyle moment right now. She's yelling at the TV! BOW. ER. SOX. BOW. ER. SOX.  Sing it, girlfriend!  She just totally knows who she is in every way. It's like, she's not even on the same show as these other people. And now I'm yelling at the TV. WIN THIS SHOW, CRYSTAL! WIN IT!
Z: I. LOVE. THIS. SONG. AND. I. LOVE. BOWERSOX. GIRL GOT SOUL.

This is Zozizzle at this moment:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilly- "I Fall to Pieces" Patsy Cline
M: What is she playing? It's Big Mike's tiny guitar! Country twang. That was cute. I liked that. She's just a little ball of sunshine. Her voice is just great :D
Z: I agree with Kara *gasp*--she did make Patsy Cline feel current. Pros: She gave a good, solid performance, and she showed she could play the mandolin. Cons: Was it enough to justify her being in the coveted pimp spot? Maybe not. I still like her, though.

Z: Girls for whom I think the bell tolls (a.k.a.Who I Think Should Be Going Home): Paige & Katelyn. Their performances weren't horrible, but their lack of flair and confidence made them subpar in comparison to the others. My Favorite of the entire night? Definitely Bowersox. She's authentic, and she's mad talented--a lethal combination.

M: Who I think is going home? Paige and Lacey.  But I want it to be Katie.  Favorite of the night? BOW. ER. SOX.  But I also really liked Didi. 

Good god, man, the girls are so much better than the guys. All of the guys could be eliminated Thursday and I wouldn't give a crap.  Except Alex. He can stay :)

5 comments:

Justina said...

I have to say I'm going with Z on this one. Paige will not be there next week, no doubt about it, but "I Feel the Earth Move" was not great, but I loved Lacey's version of "The Story". I actually wasn't in love with the Patsy Cline song, but that might just be because it wasn't my type of music. Bowersox and Didi stole the show imho.

Lea said...

Paige is definitely gone. I think Lacey did do better than Katelyn, yeah. I actually liked Lacey a lot this week, but Katelyn has been stronger overall the last two weeks which is why I think she might stay over her. I still don't really like Katelyn though LOL. Can't explain why.

I didn't really like Lilly's song either, I just enjoy the tone of her voice. I have a feeling she'll be safe too though.

I voted for Crystal and Didi a lot last night :)

Justina said...

OMG... Watching elimination show - CANNOT BELIEVE THEY KEPT PAIGE!!!!

Justina said...

DOUBLE OMG! They kept KATIE over LILLY?! I may not have been in love with the song, but it was way better than Katie.

zozizzle said...

I can't believe they kept Paige, either! I can't believe Lilly was eliminated...are we watching the same version of AI as the rest of America?