Wednesday, March 3, 2010

American Idol Top 10 Girls Perform

It's the girls! And it's just me this time.  No Zozizzle. Sad. 

Crystal: It was touch and go whether she could perform tonight.  Thank god she can.  We need all the good we can possibly get. “Long As I Can See The Light” by Creedence Clearwater Revival.  Guitar.  And she is killing it.  Love her! Love. Her. Her voice and her look and her song choices and everything! Win this damn show, Crystal! Win it!

Haeley:  Why does she spell her name so weird?  "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. LOL Oh god, no.  Haahahahahaha oh Haeley, way to make sure I really hate you.  Ew. She is bad. Not good. Yikes, girlfriend.  Her voice is just not very strong. Painful.  But b/c she's so young, the judges are trying to sugarcoat if for her.  Stop.  Just, stop.

Lacey: “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer.  I don't hate this. Hm.  Her voice is kind of shaky.  Is it nerves or does it just sound like that?  It was OK.  Not the best, but it wasn't horrible.  It got better as it went on and it was miles better than her performance last week. The judges, predictably, hated it.

Katie: DNW. “Put Your Records On” by Corinne Bailey Rae.  Oh nuh uh, girlfriend. You do NOT sing Megan's song.  Bitch GTFO.  LOL sorry, I just really love Megan's version and this is almost the exact same arrangement.  Except it doesn't fit her voice AT ALL.  She makes it sound old fashioned and boring.  She's over singing. I don't like her. Please leave.

Didi: LOVE her!  Looooove her.  Her voice is my favorite, I think.  It's kind of quirky and Ingrid Michaelson-esque (which she sang last week, funnily enough).  She sings "Lean on Me" by Bill Withers, and I really like what she did with it. IDK, I just really enjoy listening to her voice. The judges, of course, HATED it.  And then Didi started crying.  Poor Didi.  I'm voting for her tonight :)

Michelle: I don't even know who Michelle is LOL.  She's singing "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed.  LOL oh god Michelle, not a good start for me for you.  She's kind of breath-y.  Like, she can't catch her breath.  She has a nice R&B voice, but this is soooooo boring. Forgettable. Kara and Simon liked her, but didn't like Didi.  F U judges! F U.

Lilly:  I love Lilly too! She has that quirky thing going for her, like Didi.  Also, her hair is silver. IDEK.  "A Change is Gonna Come" by Sam Cooke.  Adam sang this last year, and I didn't really like it.  This? I think I kind of LOVE.  She just has a really cool vibe.  I can see myself listening to her CD.  I'm definitely rooting for this girl.  And the judges really liked it too.  Best of the night, maybe?

Katelyn:  I don't really know who she is either lol.  She's really pretty though.  "The Scientist" by Coldplay.  Playing the piano.  Her voice is very pleasant, and this is a nice arrangement for her.  But where's the spark, you know?  She's not really anything special.  The judges are kind of split on her.  I think I like her, but I'm not sure yet. I need to see another one of her performances.

Paige:  I seriously have never seen this girl before LOL.  Well OK.  "Walk Away" by Kelly Clarkson.  She does have a really great voice.  This song isn't really showing it off though.  Wow, her falsetto is fantastic.  I think I liked it. She's cute.  Kara wrote this song...and is trying to tell her how to sing it.  Shut your hoar mouth when you're talking to me, Kara!

Siobhan:  That's such a weird name.  She's kind of weird, but hilarious.  Aretha Franklin "Think".  She has a really powerful voice and great stage presence. Holy crap, glory note.  Whoa.  That was great.  She was really good.  The judges are freaking out.  Simon is perplexed by her, but I think he also loves her lol.  You can stay, Siobhan.

Who I want to go home:
Haeley and Katie

Who I think will go home:
Wow, I have no idea lol.  Some combination of Paige, Michelle, Didi, or Lacey

The Best:
Siobhan, Crystal, and Lilly.  With a slight edge to....Crystal

Hot damn, the girls were way better than the guys.  The girls FTW!

4 comments:

zozizzle said...

Another great post, mind grapes! After watching tonight's episode (which I still can't believe I did), I've decided... I'm down with the Bowersox. Let's face it...girlfriend came back from a health issue, sang first, and was phenomenal...she basically threw the gauntlet down. Lilly is a close second for me. And Siobhan is very interesting...to me, she's like the Luna Lovegood of American Idol. She's quirky while still being able to hold her own.

As for the worst performance tonight: I definitely agree that Haeley definitely deserves that title...I hope America doesn't vote her through just because she's the youngin'.

Lea said...

yay we are kindred Idol souls :D

I love Siobhan, b/c she seems a little...off lol. but she can SANG.

Haeley...sigh...the more I think about it, the more I think she's probably going to end up staying. People will feel bad for her. And someone more deserving like Didi will go :(

i powervoted for Didi and Lilly tonight though :)

Justina said...

I have to say... as much as I love Haeley (what is up with that spelling), I think she's going home... The judges told her she needs to mature her voice. She's only 16. America will put her out of her misery and want her back in a year or two.

Lea said...

yeah, i think Haeley has a lot of potential, but she definitely needed a few more years to strenghten her voice. It's why I didn't think they should have let her through in the first place. Let her come back and audition later.

Don't count out the pity-vote for Haeley though ;)