Friday, November 7, 2008

"There are only two things I like: everybody and television"

It's a Thursday night television roundup!
The Office 5.07 "Customer Survey"- Whenever you combine Jim and Dwight in any capacity, you can guarantee hilarity will ensue.  While I've been loving season 5 so far, this episode I think may have been the funniest one of the season.  Hell, the fake sales call with Jim, Dwight, and Michael may be one of my favorite scenes this show has ever done.  So funny!  I've also been slowly realizing that Kelly is one of my favorite characters.  Every scene she's in is brilliant, heh.  When watching this episode, my friends and I were commenting on how it's so nice that Jim and Pam are just being cute together and not having problems.  Then, of course, they had to end the episode with all that New York angst and I was sad again.  Mostly because, I don't know what they're going to do.  Pam can't stay in New York for the whole season, but yet, she isn't really going to want to move back to Scranton and be a receptionist again.  I don't know what's the best thing for the show to do, and it's scaring me.  I'm just going to trust the writers because they have never let me down, but Jim and Pam have a lot of decisions to make and they're not going to be easy.
 
30 Rock 3.01 "Believe in the Stars"- This episode was so much better than last week's.  I was really disappointed with the premiere, so this episode was such a relief.  I don't even know if I can go through all the funny parts of this episode because it felt like I was laughing the whole way through.  I will say though, that the amount of time Kenneth is onscreen greatly increases the likelihood that I will like an episode, and there was an abundance of Kenneth love in this episode.
Favorite quotes (besides my absolute favorite one from this ep in this post's title):
"I watched Boston Legal nine times before I realized it wasn't the new Star Trek!"
"I never get picked anyways because I wear my Princess Leia outfit"
"White people stole jazz, rock & roll, Will Smith, and heart disease!"
"I'll call you back.  I'm sitting next to Barpo!"
"Kenneth Parcel, you are one Latina fantastica." "Hola"
"Is Spongebob Squarepants supposed to be terrifying?"

Supernatural 4.08 "Wishful Thinking"- Wow, I absolutely LOVED this episode.  I'm a big fan of Ben Edlund episodes because they're always so wacky, and this one did not disappoint.  It was hilarious.  I can't even tell you how hard I laughed over everything with the little girl and her 7 foot tall, suicidal teddy bear ("Why am I here?" "FOR TEA PARTIES!") and Sam and Dean as teddy bear doctors ("lollipop disease").  But what I absolutely loved about this episode, was that even though it was funny, it was also serious, and it revealed a lot about both characters.  Hearing that what Sam would wish for most wasn't his old normal life back, but instead Lillith dead, was so interesting and telling, and to hear Dean say he remembered everything that happened in hell was surprising and horrifying and I can't believe that Dean is even functional.  But most of all, the reason why this episode was so good for me, was that it really felt like a Sam&Dean episode.  They were together in almost every scene, they were figuring things out together, sharing things together, and just being brothers.  And that, my friends,  is why I will always love this show.

3 comments:

zozizzle said...

Great post, mind grapes!
Of course, the Office didn't disappoint.
And I'm relieved that 30 Rock redeemed itself with this ep. When I saw the Barpo moment and the Princess Leia cut scene, I could not stop laughing! In fact, I'm pretty sure my obnoxious laughter disturbed my neighbors. And that, my friends, is the mark of a great show.

Lea said...

oh dude, 30 Rock was amazing! Drugged up Liz was hilarious, as was Tracy and his claws, heh. I really really do love that show a whole lot.
My neighbors were also probably disturbed from my raucous laughter over The Office and 30 Rock. Can't help it though. I can't hide my love!

MightyMaxine said...

I really did love this episode of the Office. They totally stepped it up a gear and I really loved the attempted all day convo by JAM, but I am really worried and I cant blame Pam for wanting to take her art further but how can you leave a Jim Halpert behind, he so perfect and thoughtful...so I just hope that whatever happens Pam and Jim make it through all of the drama-rama.
Also REALLY LOVED the scene with the fake customer call, its highly reminiscent of "Conflict Resolution" which is one of my the episodes at the top of my list :)