Tuesday, November 17, 2009

KRIS

BUY KRIS'S ALBUM OFF OF ITUNES TODAY!!!!!

Link here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/kris-allen/id339251705

I don't know how many followers this blog has. I can guess that it probably doesn't have too many. But for those of you who have been following it, you probably have noticed that Kris Allen has been a bit of a theme around these parts. This blog has been a sort of ~evolution of my Kris stanning and while I know I've talked about many things on this blog besides Kris, I find going back and seeing how my obsession grew is one of the most interesting things. Because go back to the first time I ever wrote about Kris, and I was absolutely shocked at how much I liked him...and how he could have actually gotten me to pick up the phone and vote for him.

The best thing though? This post right here. I was convinced that Kris was going home. So convinced I swore to never watch the show again. Also amusing? This post. Where I also was convinced Kris was going home. It's funny to look back on because I never in a million years thought that Kris would win the show. I prayed every single week that he would make it just a little bit further every week, so that even if he didn't win, someone might see him and and see what I saw in him and give him a record deal. But then he kept making it every week. And then he was all of a sudden in the top 2. And then he freaking won the whole freaking show.

Kris, someone who I really truly believe in their talent, put out an album today. One in which he wrote the majority of his songs (including "Red Guitar" which he wrote all by himself), and one in which he should be very proud of. I've heard horror stories about Idol albums in the past, but this album I believe is really genuinely good. Do I look forward to his future albums a little more? Yes. As his career goes on, he is sure to get more creative freedom and will be able to write more on his own. But as for now, I am enjoying the heck out of this album and I can't wait until I get to see him perform these songs live. I'm really proud of him and I'm proud to call myself his fan.

Favorite tracks: Before We Come Undone, Bring It Back, Is It Over, I Need To Know

Ah god, I'm getting a little verklempt :')

No comments: