Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Haven't posted in a while

Today I had a conversation with myself that went something like this:

"Self, you haven't posted to the blog in a while, and that's sad

"You're right self, I haven't. I should rectify that soon. But what to post? Mad Men finale reactions?"

"No. You will only embarrass yourself again. Leave that up to Zozizzle. She owes you an epic Mad Men finale post."

"Ah, good idea, self. Hm...Oh! I know! Let's make a post about Kris Allen! You're good at that!"

"Yes, self! Excellent idea! Kris Allen posts are pretty much the only thing I'm good at nowadays!"

Well, now that we've gotten the fact that I'm a crazy person out of the way, let's get to it! Kris has been doing a ton of radio concerts lately, including one on Sunday in Napa. He played an acoustic set, including this freaking awesome mashup of Heartless and Gangsta's Paradise (yes, you read that right):



If you still don't believe in Kris's talent after that, then I don't even know what to say to you. There may be something wrong with you.

He also did a Falling Slowly/With or Without You mashup that is really beautiful.

And guess what? Myself and The Derelict are going to be seeing Kris in Chicago on December 4th! I'm so excited I might throw up.

Oh, and I'm just going to throw this out there, AOL is streaming Kris's entire album on their site right now. I'm not going to go into what I think of it and all that now, I'll probably do that later, but in case you want to check out his new music, click the link. I'll say this though, I really really love it, and I'm so proud of him.

Sigh...such a fangirl.

No comments: