Friday, November 13, 2009

The Office 6.9 "Murder"


I haven't talked about The Office in a while, which is a shame because it is still just as good as its ever been. There were a few 'meh' episodes at the beginning of the season, but I am loving these more recent episodes. The wedding episode was, of course, beautiful (and I still kind of can't believe I didn't make a post about it), but this last episode, "Murder", I thought was one of the stronger ones of the seasons.

The reason why this show is so good is because it can balance the dramatic with the funny. I'm concerned about Dunder Mifflin and where the bankruptcy is going to lead, but I also spent the entire episode laughing my ass off. Whether it was Dwight fighting with himself, Creed speeding away from the scene of the crime, or Michael getting way too involved in the game, this episode had a lot to laugh about.

Also, I can't be the only one who cried over the Erin/Andy thing, can I? Maybe it's just because I have great, undying love for Andy Bernard, but that whole story is so sweet, and curse them for being too dumb to realize they were both thinking the same thing. Someone said (I believe it was Master Sepinwall) that they are like the goofier Jim/Pam: a salesman falling in love with a receptionist. Awwww.

This show, along with Supernatural, which has been truly great this season, makes Thursday night awesome!

No comments: