Thursday, October 1, 2009

Very excite

Just thought I'd give you a little update on the A Game of Thrones pilot! Things are coming along very very nicely. Production is set to start this month and almost all of the major roles have been cast. Last time I posted about this project only Peter Dinklage and Sean Bean had been cast, but there's some really great people added since:

Jennifer Ehle as Catelyn
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Jaime
Tamzin Merchant as Daenarys
Lena Headey as Cersei

You can see a complete cast list with pictures here. The kids playing Sansa, Arya, and Robb also look fantastic. Actually, I think everyone looks fantastic. I think the cast is shaping up to be better than I ever could have thought. I never imagined Lena Headey as Cersei, but now that she's been cast? It's perfect. And the more I see of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, the more I approve of him as Jaime. Which is extremely important of course, because he's my favorite character :)

I think if done right, this show is going to be HUGE. It fits the bill as HBO's next Rome, but has the potential to reach even more people than Rome ever did. It will attract people who love great drama and political intrigue, but it will also grab people who enjoy fantasy and sword fighting, etc. It technically hasn't been picked up to series yet (HBO has to see the pilot first), but I have faith, because so far it sounds like everyone involved is doing a really great job with it.

For all your up-to-date news about the television production, go to Winter is Coming.

2 comments:

The Derelict said...

Game of Thrones the TV show will fucking rock your socks off.

It is known.

;)

Lea said...

FUCK YEAH! :)