Monday, October 26, 2009

Mad Men 3.11 "The Gypsy and the Hobo"

Before I get to anything, can I just say that the last line of the episode coupled with the look on Don's face coupled with the abrupt ending literally made me gasp aloud. I gasped aloud, shouted 'no!', and then started crying. This is what this show devolves me to.

And I'm not going to really go into this episode at all. I'm not going to talk about Joan or Sterling or anything else. I really just need to talk about Don and Betty. Because the scene where Betty finally confronts Don about his past is one of the best scenes this show has ever done. I have always had a love/hate relationship with Don, but Jon Hamm has always been amazing, and I have never felt it more than in this scene. Don is always so in control all time, that to see him so vulnerable, so lost, so....weak, was completely jarring, and Jon Hamm sold the hell out of all of his scenes. The stuff with Don's brother has always been so upsetting to me, and when Don started crying, I was close to bawling. There was so much emotion packed into every scene, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Will I talk about this episode more later? Perhaps. Right now I had to get down my feelings about certain things, because I still cannot believe how amazing this show is. How is it so good? I thank God I started watching, because it truly is the best show on television.

No comments: