Thursday, October 16, 2008

Project Runway Finale!

I don't have too much to say about the finale, but I figure I should at least mention it.
A big old CONGRATULATIONS are in order for Leanne who knocked it out of the park.  I can't say I thought hers was necessarily better than Korto's, but I did like it more and I think the judges picked the right winner.  It reminds me a little of the Jillian vs. Christian thing during last season's finale.  While Korto's line was very beautiful and wearable, Leanne's was more high-fashion, artsty, and creative.  I personally prefer the extreme creativity and inventiveness of Leanne's line, because I had never seen outfits like hers ever.  Plus, I am obsessed with this dress:
So pretty!  I'm also happy Leanne won because I've been rooting for her for the whole competition.  Not only has she produced some of my favorite looks from this years competition (the Diane Von Furstenberg challenge comes to mind), she's also very cute and funny and seems to be a really cool girl.
I have to give it up to Korto too.  She's extremely talented and I think will be around in the fashion industry for a while.  And while it's no secret that I'm not Kenley's biggest fan (and she continued to act just as snotty and mean in the finale as she does every episode), even I was surprised at how much I liked her collection.  So all in all, a good finale to a bit of a lackluster season.  Here's to season 6 on Lifetime!



As far as last night's Pushing Daisies goes,  LOVED IT.  Again.  But dude, this episode made me cry!  Twice!  Once when Chuck was talking about how she thinks they may have upset the balance of the world by bringing her back and Ned's like "what are you saying?  Do you want me to touch you?" and he looked at her with those sad, tear-filled, puppy eyes.  And another when Ned was talking about his lousy, dead beat dad who abandoned him and how he prayed as a child everyday that he would come back and take him home.  SOB!  This show isn't supposed to make me sad!  There are only supposed to be smiles involved!

No comments: