Sunday, October 5, 2008

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist



Micheal Cera
never lets me down. He was as awkward and funny as I expected him to be in this film. With his little yellow YUGO. If there' s one thing that Cera is a master at its awkwardness. Truly he really didn't need the gay band members, though they brought color and life through their dialogue and humorous personalities to the screen. Also I really enjoyed, all though at times it frustrated me, his journey to discovering real , pure love and his own strength----wait that sounds way too chessy. I guess what I'm trying to say is that he finds a healthy love. I LOVE when he finally stands up for himself.

Though the film implies a major underlying theme of music, it didn't focus on it too much. I also appreciated the way that the two characters Nick and Nora, played by Kat Dennings were brought together to show the adventures that one night can bring them.

The break out star that exponentially added to the progression of the story line and hilarity that this film hits on so well would have to be Ari Graynor, who plays Caroline, Nora's drunken friend.
For those of you sitting on your couches looking for adventure and a glimpse at young love, I highly recommend making a trip to the movie theater.

2 comments:

Lea said...

As much as I love me some Michael Cera, I have to admit that the real star of that movie was the actress who played Caroline. She was a riot!

(oh, and after you told me, I totally remember her on Veronica Mars now, heh)

MightyMaxine said...

I completely agree about the gum thing, that was uber nasty!