Tuesday, April 13, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 9 Redux: The Next Elvis


Well....

I'm sure no one wants to hear my thoughts about Adam mentoring.  So I won't bore you with that :)

Anyhoo, it's Elvis week.  I wish Tim was in a Vegas Elvis outfit.  That's the only thing that would make this episode any good :)

This week you have 3 opinionated bloggers.  I (Mind Grapes) will be writing in purple. Green will be Zozizzle.  And our good friend, The Derelict, will be writing in blue.

Crystal - Saved
Electric guitar for Crystal this week.  She's going with gospel yes!  OMG this breakdown is fucking sweet.  Ah I love her!
And now a message from Crystal's biggest fan:  CAN I GET AN AMEN?!  CAN I GET A HALLELUJAH?! 
Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Mamasox tells me so.

Andrew - Hound Dog
Zozizzle just compared Adam's hairstyle to a character from DBZ.  That is the greatest thing I've ever heard.  This has a little latin flavor.  He's trying with the ~swagger.  I have no idea if that was any good.
2 words. Awk. Ward. Also, it sounded like a song Kate Gosselin and her partner would dance to on Dancing With the Stars.
He has no grace.  Did you see when he galumphed towards the swaybots?  He sounded like what a lounge singer in the Catskills circa 1958 thinks is "hep."

Tim - Can't Help Falling in Love
Oh Timmeh.  Making the ladies swoon :D  OMG I'm imagining thousands of 10 year olds squeeing into their pillows right now.  Holy crap.  Timothy!  This is legit kind of....really really good.
Wow. That was actually good! Color me pleasantly surprised. Aaannnd....there's his trademark smile! Interesting fact: It's been said every time Tim smiles, 10 girls faint across the nation.

Lee - A Little Less Conversation
Just his acoustic guitar. Yay I like this.  Oh, there's the band.  Alright, I'm diggin this.  Still not really smiling.  Uh...Yeah, that was good.
I like Lee.  He's non-offensive.  But.  But he has no charisma.  He's trying, but it's just not something that can be learned.  He's got a good voice but his personality as a live performer is just non-existent.
Honestly, he could have a great career if he could just release albums and not perform live...sorry to say.

Aaron - Blue Suede Shoes
Oh lord, creepy stance rocking again.  Oh man, this is awkward. Uh...
It was a'right, dawg. That's all.  
His mother's name is Kelly Kelly.

Siobhan - Suspicious Minds
Hey, guess what guys?! SHE'S LIKE ADAM! OMG no one's ever pointed that out before.  She's pretty
They are the same because they're both WEIRD!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!@!@!2!!!!!
Only... not.  Weird clothes does not equal SAME.
This song is too freaking '70s for me.
She does have a great voice.  I think I liked it.  I wasn't crazy about it, but I liked it better than last week.

Big Mike -In the Ghetto
Big Mike did pretty well--his vocals sounded good, and he created an intimate moment singing on the stage. Nice job, Big Mike. 
I'll say this about Big Mike, he's always in tune.

Katie - Baby, What Do You Want Me To Do 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Casey - Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Last week got me on the Casey train!  No, not like that. I'm not Kara.  That was good, but I kind of wish it was just him and the guitar again.  I felt like the band didn't really add to it that much.  Eh...I was a little disappointed.
He hot.  Oh, his vocals?  Good.  I'm riding the Casey train.  

But for me (for you) tonight I'd put Crystal first, Tim (!) second, and Casey tied with Lee in third/fourth.  Big Mike is a whatevs for me.
Bottom three?  I'm a little terrified (TM Kara DioGuardi) that Siobhan will be bottom three.  Joining her is Andrew (I'm still feeling the Crystal song, so hallelujah) and Aaron Kelly (Kelly Kelly).  Who is going home?  Kim Jong Andrew Gokey and Kelly Kelly.

Best of the Night:
Crystal, and...Tim? :O
Ditto.

Who's going home?
Andrew and...Aaron, but I  think there might be a shocker this week.
In a perfect world, Andrew and Aaron will go home next week. But...let's be real...we're talking about American Idol, so...who knows. 

2 comments:

The Derelict said...

I forgot to add my favorite-moment-not-involving-Crystal from Tuesday's show:

Aaron (Kelly) Kelly:
"Drink my CIDER from an old fruit jar."

:O

Lea said...

LOL high school student Aaron Kelly is such a rebel

:O