Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chuck 2.13 "Chuck Versus The Suburbs"

I said I was going to post more, so here's my attempt. It's Chuck time! I haven't written about Chuck in a while, mostly because there's been a lot of Chuck-breaks lately and I missed it terribly.
It's starting to seem that almost every episode of Chuck I consider my favorite. Each week I love the episodes more and more and I LOVED this episode. I loved it because it had everything loveable about Chuck. It had some good mythology stuff with Fulcrum and the Fulcrum Intersect, which I'm guessing is now permanently in Chuck's brain. It also had good guest stars as Chuck frequently has (can't wait for Tricia Helfer!). It was hilarious! I thought all of Chuck's bumbling attempts to fit in with his neighbors as well as his bumbling attempts to seduce Jenny McCarthy's character ("Charles Carmichael always comes quickly") were great, but I just about died when I realized Big Mike had been dating Morgan's mom. Oh, the comedy that's going to come from that. But mostly, I was impressed with the Chuck/Sarah. You always worry whether the romance is going to run stale by either getting them together too soon, or keeping them apart for too long. But right now, I've been entirely satisfied with how their story has been told. You know that Sarah and Chuck really do have feelings for each other, but they just can't act on them. At least not yet. This episode also called into question what these two characters want for their future. Could Sarah really give up being a spy and live with Chuck in a "perfect life"? I'm not sure, and that's what makes their story kind of sad in a way. Great job as always by Zach Levi and Yvonne Strahovski for showing us the emotions felt by their characters.
As an aside, can I just say that I don't think it was humanly possible for me to love Casey more than I do. His Valentine's Day consisting of drinking alcohol and watching war documentaries? Breaking his thumb to get out of the handcuff? Dude is hardcore...and I totally have a crush on him. Don't ask about the crush, I can't explain it. I just love him.
I've also been suprised that people aren't too keen on Emmet Milbarge this season, but I absolutely LOVE him and would watch Tony Hale in anything. He adds so much to the Buy More storyline and makes me crack up at least once per episode. I love him almost as much as Lester, who I think may be the funniest person on this show. Don't ask me about my obsession with Lester either. I can't explain it. :)

What did everyone else think of Chuck? And is anyone watching Heroes still? I gave up on the show, but am worrying that it miraculously got better (although I'm not holding my breath).

3 comments:

MightyMaxine said...

I also really loved this epi! It was so cute and slightly ironic!

I know why you like Casey so much its cause you have thing for tough guys....think about it the guys on Supernatural, I've heard you call them hardcore before too :)

Lester for me is that weird guy that amuses you but you wouldn't choose to hang out with on a regular basis.

But yea YAY for this epi. Although I have to slightly disagree with you on the Chuck/Sarah front...I think that she continually crushes his feelings

Lea said...

Hm...I don't know if she continually crushes his feelings so much as just protects him from what his feelings could do. If that makes any sense, heh

And I've fully accepted that my Lester and Casey love is strange. I don't know what's wrong with me :)

MightyMaxine said...

I guess it could be seen as protection but it still hurts the same.

Besides who is she to have the ultimately decision on their feelings for one another?