Saturday, January 31, 2009

Battlestar Galactica 4.13 "The Oath"

Wow.  Wow.  This has been a good week for TV.  First an awesome episode of Lost in "Jughead" (DESMOND!!!!!) and now quite possibly one of my favorite episodes of BSG ever!  Certainly one of the best of the whole season, and by far the most intense.  
Because this episode?  INTENSE. Holy shit!  I can't even really be coherent or deep about anything that happened this episode because I spent the majority of it in a ball on my couch rocking back and forth, totally inconsolable.  I was near tears the entire time and I still can't get over it.  It was one of the best episodes but also one of the worst.  Everything was just so horrible.  I used to love Gaeta (Always hated Zarek.  He can go DIAF for all I care), but now how can I ever like Gaeta ever again?  I'm so conflicted!  While I think that Gaeta and Zarek have a little bit of a point in what they stand for, I cannot stand behind the craziness they've caused and I LOVED when Adama said Gaeta would die with nothing.  
There were some pretty awesome things in this episodes though.  Starbuck and Apollo kicking ass (and making out! yay!) was awesome!  I missed this Starbuck.  And Tigh and Adama, guns blazing?  Hell yeah!  I also liked seeing Tyrol helping out and being non-crazy, and Roslin finally getting up and taking charge!
Things I really really didn't like?  Anything that happened to Caprica Six, Anders, Hera, Athena, HELO!!!!!!  If anything happens to these guys I will be done.  DONE!  I was so disturbed when they were beating up Anders (Seelix, you bitch!) and Helo, I was almost sick to my stomach.  Ugh!  I hate all this!
And yet...I love it.  It was just so dramatic and tense and action-packed and had a ton of things in it that make me love this show.  I can't wait to see the continuation next week, even though I'm also terrified.  Tigh can't really be dead, right?  And they wouldn't actually throw Adama out the airlock, yes?  Oh gods...someone hold me, I'm feeling upset again :(.

1 comment:

MightyMaxine said...

Heh, yea I loved all the action packiness of this epi. I also love how some characters that had fallen into the background/become sad versions of their previous awesome selves stepped up and became the characters we know and love.

And you know how I love when Lee and Kara spend time together. Squeal!!

Yea...amazing...but I sure do miss Gaeta!