Wednesday, December 31, 2008

This is the New Year

In keeping with the traditions of this holiday, I want to take some time to reflect and share my best discoveries from this past year.

10. This blog!
Why? Because it's been good to share my perspectives with others over frivolously fun things.

9. The Detroit Red Wings

If you didn't know, I think its time that I inform you about how awesome they are in a clutch! Plus they also have one of the best histories as a team in hockey. So I fell in love the moment I went into the Joe Arena and was able to see their mad skillz up close and personal, while having the chance to learn about the amazing players!! And hanging with even better fans!

8. Zuko
So, I've never been the type to side with the "bad guy" in all things and granted I discovered the greatness of Nick's Avatar" The Last Airbender a few years ago, but this summer with the closing of the series and some insights into the character of Zuko I was able to put his past disgression asides and take a look at the masochist that he is. And who can say no to that! No honestly he was necessary for the success of the Avatar and he was so complicating interest that you could never forget him. Unlike Sokka who always had a place in my heart since day one, Zuko shoved his way in there too.


7. Board Games

I know, not something I talk about often, but their a great way to learn a new skill. Bond over the suckiness that always exist when competition comes into play. Finally the best way to get to know someone and spend some extra time with friends!!

6. Prince Caspian

What's not to love? Ben Barnes. William Moseley. And for Mind Grapes Skandar Keynes. Besides the hot main character with his sexy fake Spanish accent and the boldness of the Susan and the ever lovable Aslan with all the action and more of the first film. What's not to love (I say again)?



5. President Elect Obama

More precisely this is in reference to the election and the great exhibition of skill and intelligence that was exhibited and look forward to the 20 days until his leadership is made official. I am truly excited and ready to see where he will take our country.

4. Chuck
LOVE Him!!! There is nothing that can ruin this adorably cute and complicated character for me. I can't wait til he returns in February!! Without Chuck on the TV landscape life would be very dimly lit.


3. Ingrid Michaelson

I am so enamored with this woman's lyrics, because every time I listen to her CD I gain something new each time. Ever since I first heard her uniquely melodic voice I felt that she understood a hidden part of my mind and heart and was able to connect from the very first song. I can't even chose one song as the ultimate song from her collection, that's how good she is to me.

2. Battlestar Galactica
It's just too amazing to sum up in a paragraph. But simply put it always leaves me desiring more and its just so exciting and twisted. Along with all the underlying issues of who has the right to survive? Do we as humans truly deserve it or do some toasters with legs deserve to make the universe theirs? It's a lot more complicated of a decision than you would think. Finally I must leave you with this:



1. Veronica Mars
Besides the brillance that is Kristin Bell and even Jason Dohring and my undeniable urges to share the sublimeness of this show with everyone. I mean come on I even had an embarassing outburst in a crowded food area with the glee of Veronica on my brain. I will truly miss the look she gets on her face when her plan is executed!


I look forward to the great discoveries of 2009! Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Lea said...

Fantastic post!
I can't even tell you how much it warms my heart to see you writing about the Red Wings. I'm so happy you had a good time at the game!
Also, Prince Caspian, Battlestar Galactica, Ingrid Michaelson, and Veronica Mars are all indeed awesome! I am very thankful for all these things as well.
You rock, good grief! :)

MightyMaxine said...

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The Derelict said...

GG, I'm also glad you enjoyed that Wings game. We need to go to more games!!!!! (hint*hint* Mind Grapes)

Just remember, hands off by boyfriend, Franzen. ;)

Lea said...

I'm trying, Derelict! I'm trying! I need to convince a certain member of my family to hook us up, or we need to organize something! In the words of Jack, WE HAVE TO GO BACK!!!! /Lost reference

I'll keep my hands off of Franzenboyfriend if you let me have 'berg all to myself ;)

The Derelict said...

berg.