Sunday, September 9, 2012

September Ya'll

Happy September!! September not only means Labor Day and the start of Autumn  mostly means the return of television series and good bye to talent(less) summer shows. I am very excited for September finally being here. And here's a list of all the programming I missed with the included start dates.

September 11 Parenthood 
September 13 Glee
September 17 Bones & The Mob Doctor
September 20 Up All Night & The Office
September 24 HYIMY & Partners
September 25 New Girl, Ben & Kate and The Mindy Project
September 26 Guys with Kids, Modern Family & Criminal Minds
September 30 Once Upon A Time and Revenge
October 4 30 Rock
October 8 Gossip Girl 
October 10 Arrow
October 19 Community and Nikita
October 23 Happy Endings

Here's a heads up on what I'm looking most forward to and what new. The show that I am most excited about returning would most definitely have to be ONCE, the writers moved quickly in the first season and the truth and questions everyone had including the characters were promptly answered. But as soon as they gave us that resolution instantly another problem was given. That being the return of magic. 

With Regina/The Evil Queen finally defeated Mr.Gold/Rumpelstiltskin brought magic to our world. It will be interesting to see if it leaks further into reality or is contained to the little, humble town of Storybrooke. Also it will further be of intrigue to finish the story of Mary Margaret/Snow and David/Prince Charming/Prince James. We've seen the beginning and now the end but the middle may just be the meaty-est and most savory of all.

 We'll get a chance to see how their love grew from such desperate measures of always chase one another down, forgetting each other or even become so changed as to commit murder. It will also be interesting to see how their lives will change with the truth--with every one know who they are and others are in relation to them (i.e. James and Snow having a grown child). Finally I want to see more of Henry's child-like enthusiasm and maybe a bit about his dad and of course the elusive son of Rumpelstiltskin. Of course what other fairy tales the show will undertake or pull from the very rich and extensive Disney Vault. One thing remains unknown whether the second year will either break or make my love for the show. I can only hope for the best



The new shows I'm looking forward to are The Mob Doctor, Partners and The Mindy Project. First I have to say that the Mob Doctor looks like it has possibility because she will have to balance her principles and morals against chooses that will save her family--thus excellent fodder for conflict. I'm really excited for Partners because I really love Sophia Bush and my guts telling me that only hilarity can ensue from a gorgeous girl, nerd guy with a gay bestie. Finally, The Mindy Project seems like the single girl's answer to the 2010 blues, so to speak; and they couldn't have picked a better spokes model. Mindy Kaling is one hilarious human being and I really am excited to see what she comes up with outside the world of cubicles and office hijinks. 


Wow that is  a lot but there are no promise from me that I will blog on every single episode, but I do promise to give you the important stuff, the Cliff Notes as it were. Media has the ability to impact many things in our lives maybe even every once in a while present a little magic; And the TV shows/episodes that produce this feeling will get their well deserved space. So until then, Happy Watching. 

2 comments:

Lea said...

That's a lot of shows! I have to say, I don't think I have quite so many to keep track of. But the premieres I'm looking forward to are The Office, New Girl, Parks & Rec, Once Upon a Time, Community, The Walking Dead, Modern Family, and Supernatural.

I hope Once Upon a Time gets better. I liked the first season, but I didn't love it, so I hope they can find a way to balance all of the storylines better. And sort Regina out because she is the WORST.

I might check out the Mindy Project! I loved her on the Office.

As far as new shows go, I'm most looking forward to the pilots for Revolution and Elementary. Revolution has a lot of good people involved in it and Elementary I'm just kind of intrigued about. A few of the new comedies look good though like Ben & Kate and The New Normal.

We'll see though! Yay tv!

zozizzle said...

Holy Premieres, Batman!

I'm most looking forward to the NBC Thursday Comedy lineup that Lea mentioned (plus Community, which was bumped to Fridays), Once Upon A Time, Modern Family, New Girl (more Nadia-isms, please!!!), The Walking Dead, the lone CBS drama that I watch--The Good Wife, and Homeland, which I caught up with over the summer.

For OUAT, I say more Rumpelstiltskin is never a bad thing. I hope he gets to chew all the scenery so Regina has none left to work with.

New shows that have piqued my interest: The Mindy Project, Bomb Girls, and thanks to Lea mentioning them, Elementary and Revolution (mainly bc I'll get to see Gus Fring alive on my screen again).