Friday, March 4, 2011

American Idol Season 10 Top 13

YOUR TOP 13: James Durbin, Naima Adedapo, Jacob Lusk, Thia Megia, Karen Rodriguez, Stefano Langone, Lauren Alaina, Scotty McCreery, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, Pia Toscano, Ashthon Jones, Paul McDonald.

As far as America's vote of a Top 10, completely predictable (and deserving) on the guys side, not so predictable on the girls. Pia, Thia, and Lauren A. all got through deservedly, but Haley and Karen should not have made it through based on their performances Wednesday.

The wildcard round actually turned out to be pretty suspenseful and made for some good TV. 3 guys (Jovany Barreto, Robbie Rosen, and Stefano Langone) and 3 girls (Naima Adedapo, Ashthon Turner, and Kendra Chantelle) sang for their lives with the judges (apparently) deciding then and there who would make the top 13. I was a little upset I couldn't have heard my beautiful curly-haired flower, Brett Lowenstern, sing one more time, but alas he was cut. Along with early favorite Tim Halperin.

Ultimately though, Stefano probably did have the best wildcard performance of the guys. However, I've always had a soft spot for Robbie and just really enjoy his voice, so I was sad that Stefano got through over Robbie. Stefano probably fits that more "traditional R&B" voice slot in the Top 13 though (and is he the new heartthrob, mayhaps?)

In my opinion however, this performance right here:



was the best wildcard performance of the night. Her high notes were insane and there's something about her tone and her control that I really really like. I can't begrudge Ashthon and Naima getting through over her however, because their wildcard performances were also very good. I'm more upset that Kendra didn't just get through over people like Karen and Haley. I think ultimately though, Ashthon was put through because she fits the "sassy diva" role. Naima got through because she's "quirky", and the judges probably thought Kendra didn't have as much personality and they already had a blonde in the Top 13.  Still, I'll never forget you Kendra!

So now it's the finals. I'm not too excited about anybody, but I do recognize that there's a lot of really great talent on this season. Around this time last year, there was a lot of badness going through to the Top 12, but I can honestly say every single person who made it is talented. A lot of them might not be to my preference which is making me less enthused, however, I think this season could give us some interesting performances.

My prediction right now to win the whole thing though: Scotty McCreery

BABYLOCKTHEMDOORS

No comments: