Tuesday, May 11, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 4: And here's to you, Mrs. DioGuardi



Long time, no blog.  Oops.  Sorry about the lack of AI posts, folks. To be honest, it was a combination of me being lazy and me not caring about this season enough to have any sort of opinion.  But hey, I'm happy Aaron Kelly left last week! I'm also happy Siobhan and her leaves left too.  I also have formed a deep and burning hatred for Lee DeWyze, who needs to GTFO as soon as possible.  Still on the Crystal train, but I've also jumped on the Casey train after his "Don't" performance.  I'll probably end up voting for him this week because I'm constantly fearing him going home.  Hey, it's kind of like what it was like to root for Kris last season! Oh, joy.

Jamie Foxx again! He was a good mentor last season, but...he mentored an entirely different theme lol.

Jamie Foxx is a crazy person. He has shirts he's going to give them?

Lee DeWyze- "Kiss From A Rose"
Jamie is getting all up in his face. LOL like Danny Gokey last season! OMG HE REALLY IS NEW GOKEY! Ok, I like this song, Lee. Don't fuck up.  Pull your pants up.  He sounds a little ahead of the music. Or behind the music? OMG did he just smile? Shocking.  That was...ok.  Honestly, he sounded out of breath and not good for a lot of that. I don't even know. It was kind of boring and unoriginal and he didn't sing it THAT well.  And not everyone loves him, Kara, jeez!  NEW GOKEY!

Mike-"Will You Be There"
His stupid wave LOL.  The song from Free Willy.  Staircase!  Oh there you go, gospel choir behind him.  Break it down, Big Mike!  Mike has a really good voice.  That was good, but there weren't that many...lyrics in the song.  And it was kind of safe, yeah?  Simon doesn't know Free Willy and they have to explain it to him.  I don't know why, but I'm laughing so hard.

Mike sings more in tune than Lee! He has every single week!  I'm just saying!!!!!!

Crystal and Lee - Falling Slowly
Oh shit...oh shit oh shit oh shit.  Uh oh.  I'm having so many conflicting thoughts right now.  As some of you may have forgotten, Kris Allen sang this song on Idol last year and killed it.  He also plays it a lot during his live shows now.  This season has pretty much recycled every single song Kris sang on Idol last year. Sigh.  They're playing the guitar to each other.  They're alternating in the verses.  This is nice so far and they actually changed up the arrangement. Aw they're singing different things at the same time.  Lee is definitely louder than Crystal, but OMG I kind of really liked that.  A lot.  Urgh Lee, I hate that I like something you did.

The praise for them was deserved, but this was TOTALLY a way to pimp out both Lee and Crystal.  We'll see what they say about the other duet, but I have a feeling there will be some de-pimping going on.

Also, the show has yet to mention Kris's name a single time despite the fact that so many people have sang songs he's sung before.  Hm...

Casey- "Mrs. Robinson"
He's singing for all his cougar fans!  You go, Casey! He's playing a mandolin! Or Big Mike's tiny ukulele guitar, one of the two.  No! Stop clapping, swaybots!  Aw Casey...I like it when he does his slower songs.  I think he did really well.  Very pretty.  He seemed really emotional singing it.  Oh god, they're going with the Kara jokes again.  And they're not stopping.  And the de-pimping of Casey begins :(

That was WAY better than Lee's performance.  I'm just saying.

Crystal- "I'm Alright"
A song from Caddyshack.  I do not know this song. She's bringing a little energy.  I love her acapella opening.  Also, man playing drums on stage is awesome.  Also, the breakdown is fucking sweet. That was a great performance, per usual. Has Simon seen no movie ever? Crystal's boyfriend has American flag pants. Wat? They seem like such an unlikely pair, but I kind of love it.

Casey and Mike- "Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?"
LMAO this was the song I was hoping for...because it's just so terrible. How many times can you say the word "ever" in a song? Or "really" for that matter?  Oh mmmm Casey's guitar playing is hot. Nice.  Ok, this is good. Yay good harmonies! Yay good verses! Yay good duet!  And wow, they really were nice to them.  I'm kind of shocked.

Best of the night: Solo wise Casey or Crystal, with maybe a slight edge to Casey.  I did really like the Falling Slowly duet too though, god help me.

Worst of the night: It was Lee. It totally was. Don't deny it. It was. Sadly, I have a feeling we'll be saying goodbye to Mike or Casey anyways.

No comments: