Tuesday, May 18, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 3: Dead to me


Before this episode even starts, I know I'm going to vote for either Casey or Crystal.  DO NOT SETTLE FOR MEDIOCRITY! VOTE FOR THE GOAT! BOW-ER-SOX! BOW-ER-SOX!


Casey - Alright With Me by Eric Hutchinson: I don't know it. This is just an Ok song, for me for you.  That was good, but maybe not ~amazing.  Casey needed a 'Heartless' to make it into the finale, and this wasn't it. Casey :(
Z: I can kind of understand Casey picked this song in order to show more of his artist side (it's kind of obscure so no one could compare it to the original). His vocals were strong, but his delivery needed to pack more of a punch. Casey, you need to be better than Lee! I hope his second song is better.

Crystal - Come to My Window by Melissa Etheridge: Harmonica FTW!  She should always sing songs just like that. I don't really have much to say. It was just good.
Z: Crystal's vocals were strong, but I agree with Kara--an acoustic arrangement might have been an improvement. I'm excited to hear her second song!!!! Btw, I love her mic stand.

Lee - Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynrd:  Oh god, of course Lee's got the pimp spot.  OMG look at his eyes.  There's no emotion there.  He creeps me out.  And he has a giant head.  He's going to his "Daughtry place".  Oh crap, the judges are going to love this.  I just don't like his voice.  He hits like, half of his notes, but it's not as noticeable because he just screams everything.
Z: Oh, no. They're totally pimping him. Some of his notes weren't that great. But, of course, the judges won't say anything about that. Their Lee-love is blinding them!!!! Let the scales fall from your eyes, judges!!! Please.



Casey - Daughters by John Mayer: Lovin it so far.  Much better.  I love it when he does his ballad thing.  AND A FACE MELTING SOLO!
Z: Of course, Simon critiques Casey's guitar solo... Simon, stop taking Casey down so you can elevate Lee later...Simon, you make me sad.  Anyways, I think it's great anytime Casey shows his vulnerable side. His soloing and vocals were strong and totally fit the song (boo to you, Simon).


Crystal - Maybe I'm Amazed by Paul McCartney: No instrument.  I love this song so much.  Sing it, girlfrand.  Slow. Motherfucking. Clap. Girl just threw down.
Z: Mind Grapes and I just did the *Susan Boyle-face-held-in-hands* gesture. I swoon at her voice. Girlfriend got SOUL.

Lee -  Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley: Full orchestra, fancy lighting, full choir descending from the heavens.  I am a changed woman.  Put me to bed, mama.  I have seen enough to know that I have seen too much..........I hate this show.
Z: And good music dies to the sound of thunderous applause. (Too harsh?)


I still cannot believe that just happened. Like, really? Really really? Just....LOL forever OMG this show is so stupid and I hate it so much.

So...Lee is going to win this show.  Whatever.  This season deserves him. I don't even give a fuck anymore.
Z: I still have hope that Lee Dewyze/Gokey-rehash will not win. However, I do think he will make the final 2, considering how Simon lavished the full-on orchestra/gospel choir treatment on him. Even though it's a long shot, I'm voting to keep Casey in the game. C'mon, people! We need to make a C^2 finale happen!! C^2 supporters, let's rally ourselves and UNITE!!!!!!

1 comment:

The Derelict said...

LOL, you guys are hilarious!

I'm sad because I think Crystal had a bit of an off night. "Maybe I'm Amazed" was... sometimes amazing. Heh. But it wasn't perfect. And "Come to My Window" was inferior to all of her other performances so far and the arrangement didn't work. It's not the kind of song that can be done in 90 seconds.

I really believe that by top four night, the show should let them do the full song (or at least a full 2 to 3 minutes of the song). By Top 4, everybody should be good enough singers that the audience can stand to listen to them sing for three minutes each.

As far as Lee and That Travesty, what more is there to say. Apparently that was the only "Moment" of the season. Nevermind "Jealous Guy" or "People Get Ready" or "Paint it Black" or "Me and Bobby McGee" or "Don't" -- nope! No moments there!

The only Moment of the season was Lee shouting "Hallelujah" and the heavens departing and the voice of God (aka Simon) saying: "You are my most wondrous creation."

Bleh.