Tuesday, May 25, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 2: Do we even care?


To be honest, I'm feeling kind of zen about this whole thing.  Lee used to fill me with such rage, but now I don't really even care who wins.  I'm still on team Crystal, but if Lee wins, eh, whatever.  I'm sure Crystal will be fine and this season will deserve an Idol who sings out of tune half the time :)

Such a change from last season, heh.  I didn't really think I would ever like a season as much as Season 8, but I didn't think I would hold so much hatred turned apathy towards this season either.  I will never forget you though, Didi, Lilly, Alex, Crystal, and.....TIM!

"The Boxer" Reprise - 
MG:Erm...that was......good! :D  I have a feeling Randy's jacket is going to be my favorite thing of the night though.
Z: He wasn't as pitchy this time around. It was awright, dawg. Randy's elephant/argyle jacket still takes the cake.

"Me and Bobby McGee" Reprise-
Z: I love her guitar! It's weathered and distressed and it looks like it has a soul. Her voice is amazing, as always. Mamasox rocks.
MG: Round one goes to Jack Bowersox!  I think I'm already drunk.

Producer's choice Lee - "Everybody Hurts":
MG: He still looks scared.  Oh lord, it's Lee's choir.  WHERE IS BAGPIPE?!  At least he sang in tune? Sort of?
Z: OMGed, the choir? Really? Kara described Lee as "emotionally accessible"? Yeah, maybe in an alternate universe, DioGuardi. Good song choice, but he still held back.

Producer's choice Crystal - "Black Velvet":
MG:  Oh man, this is dramatic as hell.  I'm really afraid she's going to fall down the stairs.  And she survived!  This is rockin'! Sing it, girlfrand!  SHE'S ON THE HOT TAMALE TRAIN!!!! WHOO WHOO!!!!!11
Z: Girl rocked it out!!! This stage is huge. I'm wary of Simon's complements for Crystal...I wouldn't put it past him to use reverse-psychology to make sure Lee's fans put it into overdrive tonight.


Lee coronation song - "Beautiful Day"
MG: What?  Um....this isn't a song about natural disasters!  WHAT IS THIS SHIT?!  Where are the mountains?!  THE HURRICANES?!  He sounds out of tune.  This is so unfair to every other Idol winner and runner-up....dear god.  This sucks.  I'm just saying.  It's not because I'm pissed he doesn't have to sing about believing in yourself or whatever, he just...doesn't sound very good.  THIS IS THE GUY YOU WANT AS YOUR IDOL, AMERICA?!......When is Kris Allen coming back?
Z: Simon is infuriating me. Lee Dewyze is the only one who needs a break?! His voice was a little iffy in spots and very 'yell-y' in others.  I really hope Crystal gets an equally liked song as 'Beautiful Day.' I really don't want voters to vote for the 'song' they like more. It's about the artistry, people! Let's remember that.

Crystal "coronation song" - "Up to the Mountain"
MG: MOUNTAIN! I've got my mountain! Crystal wins.  Game over. Ok, I'll talk about the performance.  So much emotion.  Just...OMG they said Lee was the one with emotional connection?!  Hahahahahahaha.  This is like, maybe one of the best performances of the season.  I feel tears.  The tears might be coming.  Now, this was a moment.  YOU WANTED A MOTHERFRAKKIN MOMENT?!  THERE YOU FUCKING GO!
If she doesn't win now, I just....I don't even know.
Z: Basically, I'm just getting my phone ready, cuz I REALLY want this girl to win now. This is my proudest moment as a Crystal fan. Seriously. She sang with conviction and soul, and...I just...love her. That is all.
My voting hand is poised and ready.

So....I still don't really care who wins, I guess, but if Crystal doesn't win, it'll just be...sad.  I think her performances tonight were so strong, especially her last song, that she should win on merit alone.  There is just no way, shape or form that Lee was better than her tonight (or the whole season, but that's a whole nother argument)
Having said that, I think Lee does have more screaming tweens and cougars voting for him.  Also, they kind of de-pimped him this episode (even though he deserved it), so it might mobilize his fanbase.

Z: To be honest,  Crystal has been the shining beacon in the fog that has been season 9. Though the Lee fans may be pulling out the stops voting-wise, I really hope that Crystal prevails. Tonight was really her night. During the entire season, she's been the ARTIST to beat. I don't think I could ever say the same for Lee.

Amen

Now where is Kris?

No comments: