Friday, January 1, 2010

Oh 2009!

It's that time again! Yes, 2009 is over but it still had some memorable and amazing discoveries.

1. gLee!
So awesome and amazing. I love every moment of it and can not wait til April when it returns. All I can say brilliant characters, amazing writing and the hilarious Jane Lynch. This show just speaks to all the geekiness in my soul :)
2. Bones
While it's been on air for a four previous seasons--I only discovered it this summer. And it is pure magic. I love the dynamic between Seeley Booth and Tempreance Brenan that keeps me coming back. Despite all the struggles and depressing events they have had to dealt with, there still remains magic and light in their relationship. Plus they have some widly fascinating cases and magnificient work atmosphere with interesting characters. Really its a can't miss

3. Firefly/Serenity
So I was tad late on this train but I can't believe this show only lasted a brief moment in time. I totally love all the characters and how bad Mal pretends to be when deep down he has a heart as pure as gold.






4. The Script
After fall in love with them at a Borders and the beautiful city of Ann Arbor, I don't know what to say about this duo. They got me through some exercises or just times when I want mellow out. I love these guys and can't wait to hear more of there amazing songs. Song that just hit the heart in all the right places.

5. Katy Perry
While everyone thinks Lady Gaga is where it's at, but I really love the majority of the stuff that Katy Perry writes. A lot of her metaphors are just right. Anyways, she one of my fave new artist of the year. Plus she used Matt Dallas in my sad song of the year (Thinking of You), can't get better than that :P

6. Star Trek
So, this was my movie of the summer. I don't even know why I like it so much. All I can say is that it was refreshing and a nice surprise. I guess I went in thinking that I could just stare at the beautiful Chris Pine if it was a total slump, but in the end I fell in love with the franchise that had been set up and truly enjoyed the plot.

7. The Hangover
This had to be by far the best comedy of the year and every single actor that participated in this piece was brilliant, even down to the lost groom. Seriously there were some shining moments and it was just a one of the more creative concepts presented to the public this summer. Best moment had to be when the guy jumped out of the trunk, like some kind of mountain lion. LOL.
Goodbyes
1. Kyle XY
It was super hard for me to say goodbye to this show. And a lot anomisity came from within when I heard the disgraceful news, because I truly loved this show. I really thought it to be unique and original and I guess that's what the problem was unfortunately, people seem to like to watch the same old junk. But that's life and I truly wish the best for the cast and crew. And I guess I'll cross my fingers for a movie

2. BSG
What can I say?? Battlestar Galactica, made me the sci-fi junky that I am today. Seriously, it washed away all my preconceived notions of what science fiction meant and I loved the story it told, even though at the end it got a bit forced with the images of robotics in our culture. But serious props to the creator, writers and actors of this great adventure!

25 comments:

Lea said...

i still need to watch glee! ah!

i'm glad you got into firefly/serenity! i knew you couldn't resist. so damn good!

lady gaga >>>>>>>>> katy perry (sorry)

star trek and the hangover were great. i just watched the hangover again and i swear, that movie gets funnier and funnier every time i watch it.

i am so so glad i was able to share bsg with you this year :)

MightyMaxine said...

all i can is to each their own with lady gaga! And u def gotta get on gLee!

Justina said...

I am responsible for two and a half of those discoveries (half because I was just one of the people who set you onto Firefly).

Have you noticed that the Live like you're Dying sounds A LOT like The Script? I thought that it was The Script for a while.

Lea said...

omfg justina that's hilarious you said that, b/c Live Like We're Dying was a Script song. as in they wrote it, but kris was the one who recorded it. so it should sound like the script lol

MightyMaxine said...

the even funnier thing is that they've performed it :P or at least recorded it

Lea said...

yep lol, they did. it was a b-side or something. only released in like, japan or something like that lol. that happens a lot though, other artists not using a song and giving it to someone else.

there's another song on kris's album written by the script actually (although they never recorded that one).

lol at me pimping kris. *facepalm* what a surprise...

MightyMaxine said...

lol, which one?

Lea said...

it's called "written all over my face". look it up, it's good :)


his whole album's good. (omg shut up about kris already, mindgrapes, god!)

;)

bradmaddox said...

Light at the end of the tunnel

My father wrote more than 30 books in his lifetime, many of which I helped with when I still lived at home.

bradmaddox said...

In those pre-computer days every book had to be typed at least twice (not counting the author actually writing it) and that job went either to me or my mother.

bradmaddox said...

It also had to be proofread (my specialty; I tried to do that job even after I moved away).

bradmaddox said...

At the very end came indexing: a two-person job at first as Dad called out the items and I wrote down the page numbers, then it reverted to me to compile and alphabetize the results.

bradmaddox said...

As a result, I know a bit about the pressures of getting a book actually finished.

bradmaddox said...

It often seems as though the last 2 percent takes as long as the first 98.

bradmaddox said...

But the book I'm laboring to finish right now is unlike anything Dad and I ever tackled.

bradmaddox said...

Because this one needs pictures. Sure, Dad's books had pictures, but they were acquired the old-fashioned way,

bradmaddox said...

by finding an image somewhere and having the publisher get permission to reproduce it. Mine are acquired the hard way,smurpo

bradmaddox said...

by sewing a quilt and taking photos of every step. And this is REALLY the hard way, because I take my own photos,

bradmaddox said...

and taking a decent instructional photo of yourself sewing is tricky.

bradmaddox said...

Among other things, you can only have one hand in the picture!

bradmaddox said...

My friend Marti served as hand model for this tutorial on rotary cutting.

muhammad asim said...

Top Ten Classified Website List, Pakistani Classified Sites, USA Classifieds, Indian Classifieds, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Bollywood, Hollywood and Lollywood Pictures and Videos, Entertainment Latest updates, Hot Entertainment News and Pictures Funny Entertainment Pictures, lol Pictures, Funny Pictures and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com

Unknown said...

Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Latest cars and vehicles, Latest Mazda Models, Racing Cars, International Sport Cars, Concept Cars, PS-Pod, Strange Vehicles, Nissan, Royce Corniche, Ford Concept Cars, Strange Vehicles, Mercedes and More Sport Cars and Vehicles with Pictures and Info
WorldLatestVehicles.blogspot.comhas isocabai

Unknown said...

aBest Business Club of Earnings, Hourly Stable Plans Like 1% Hourly for 120 Hours, Total 120% Profit within 5 Days
EarningsClub.com