Friday, January 8, 2010

All about the -Ship

Remember when it was an impossible 50 days til Chuck returned, well now it's 48 hours away and I can't believe it! I am so psyched and to share my love with you all, I think its about time we talked about the great "ship" that is Chuck and Sarah.

I kinda seems inevitable that Chuck and Sarah should be together. I mean from the moment they met Sarah had that dream girl walk and Chuck was in love from the first moment he laid eyes on her and who could blame him, she's a smoking blonde but then it turns out behind that hard exterior and all the amazing things she's capable of is a heart, a damaged one yet kind. Which is rare in her profession as CIA agent, I mean she was trained to be a stone cold assassin and she fell for Bryce a guy who doesn't need much protection. Yet you can tell that it pains her to never fully be able to open up to this amazing guy in her life.The chemistry is one thing, it's clearly there, but I love that the writers have been able to move beyond simple attraction to their essential emotions. It's so beautiful that whenever Chuck, the wannabe normal, whenever asked is he willing to die for Sarah, his answers is always YES! It's pretty cool how he's willing to do this insane things to prove himself to Sarah, no matter how much he protests the dangerous stunts needed.
While I get admittedly pretty pissed at Sarah, for her "I'm sorry Chuck" usually followed by "Orders," I can appreciate the difficulties she endures for him and how you can see a true change from who she was before. From the beginning its clear that Chuck is enamored with her and she just views him as a job, but then in "Chuck v. The Truth," we finally get a glimpse of how she really feels about him--even though it is through deception. You can tell she admires Chuck for always doing the right thing. And when it honestly comes down to it she's always saving his life, beyond her job demands. Her true shining moment has to be the fact that she went A-wol to help him find his farther and no matter how much her superiors desire her to be devoid of feelings when it comes down to it, I think she rather die than let Chuck spend the rest of his days in a padded cell.

the sweetest moment



I'm really excited to see how Chuck and Sarah's relationship will further develop now that he's a kung-fu machine.

2 comments:

The Derelict said...

Good grief, Good Grief! This. Was. Amazing.

Thank you so much!!!! Awesome screengrabs too. I love the Chuck/Sarah holding hands in bed scene from the penultimate episode.

I can't wait for Sunday!!!!!

MightyMaxine said...

I thought you'd like that!! Eee!! So excited!