Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This is a Kris Allen Post

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You know what? We haven't had one of these in a while. No really, we haven't. What do you mean I bring him up in every post anyways? I don't know what you're talking about.

I know a while back I was going to write up a big post about Kris and what he means to me, etc. etc., but that would take me forever now, so let's just do an all encompassing, fun, 'I Love Kris Allen Post', yeah!

Hey guess what? I went to the tour! Me and Zozizzle turned into a couple of crazy Idol fanatics and went to the goddamn tour. And it was amazing. Matt Giraud touched me OMG, Anoop Desai impregnated me with his sexy, Allison Iraheta proved why she's the next Janis Joplin, I had a religious experience watching Adam Lambert do "Whole Lotta Love", and then Kris Allen came out and I died. I had to be brought back to life in order to write this post. I am now a zombie. Braaaaiiinnnss....

Do you want to see Kris Allen doing his thing in concert? Of course you do. Let me share:

Heartless
Different than he did on the show and in the studio. Totally rocking (and jeez louis could he hold that note on "soul" any longer?). I would post the video Zozizzle took at our concert, but all you can hear is me screaming and crying next to her. Also, link to his "unplugged" version he did on a radio station. So. Good. OMG.



All These Things That I've Done
I actually found a video from our show! Auburn Hills. This song replaced the masterclass of melody and lyrics, "No Boundaries". This was my favorite song from his set, and maybe of the whole night.



Bright Lights
This is actually a professional video from tour that you can buy off of iTunes, which means you should go buy it off of iTunes RIGHT NOW. Anyhoo, if this doesn't prove how talented his is, then I don't know what will. Piano and a kick-ass electric guitar solo? I love him.


And now, let's talk about November 17th. What's on November 17th you ask? What the hell is wrong with you, dumb bitch?! It's only the day that Kris Motherfucking Allen's album comes out! Gosh.

To say I'm excited about his album would probably be an understatement. You can pre-order it on Amazon if you want! I have. I have also pre-ordered it on iTunes. And I'm going to buy 5 copies of it when it's actually released. What? That's totally normal. His single actually should be released pretty soon and I'm shaking and crying with anticipation.

Want a little more info about his album? Well that's too bad because I'm too lazy to look up stuff right now, but trust me when I say he's been working with some pretty cool people (Mat Kearney and Joe King being the first to come to mind). Instead, I'm going link you to some of his pre-Idol stuff. He self-produced an album called "Brand New Shoes" when he was like 22 and it is FANTASTIC. For being that young and for self-producing, it's really really good. I listen to it all the damn time. Kris thinks the CD is "immature", and if this is what he considers immature, than hot damn, I can't wait to listen to his new CD. Download for ya, if you like.

My favorites:

Lovely
Beautiful. Gorgeous. Waltz-like. Just...OMG



I Was Played
Fun and upbeat and catchy


On Our Way
Inspirational. Yeah.


Wipe It Away

Kris's favorite song on the album. He said if he could rerecord one song for his new album, it would be this one (and OMG that would be amazing if he did)


So yeah, there you go. Maybe someone will find this post, watch the videos and become a fan! Or maybe someone will find this post, see how crazy I am, and back away slowly from this blog. Either way, I had fun putting this together.

And to be serious for a bit, it's been a long time since I've been this invested in someone before. Not only did Kris make me care about music again, but I really do look up to him as a human being. He's one of the nicest, most generous, talented people I've ever seen, and I'm really really proud to be his fan. I want him to be successful, but more than that, I want him to be happy, because he deserves it. I don't know if this is weird to say, but he means a lot to me. He made my depressing and boring summer a lot more fun. I can't wait until his album comes out and he has his own solo tour and I can follow his career, because I know I'll be a fan of his for a very very long time. /sappy

Oh, one more thing: Follow Kris on twitter! @KrisAllen4Real. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: