Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Walking Dead, 3.02 "Sick" Live Blog

Best character on the show

This live blog is going to have no redeeming value. Let's go!

  • For a show that embraces the gross, that loving closeup of Rick chopping off Hershel's leg was maybe one of the grossest things they've ever done.
  • Oh, I forgot about the new guys from the end of the last episode.
  • Speaking of the last episode: It was good. Really good. Granted, the premiere of last season was really good too and the middle episodes were 'meh', but I was encouraged by Season 3's premiere. I'm hoping this goodness continues.
  • Dude....Hershel is not going to make it. And I'm kind of sad. As stupid as the Farm storyline was last season, I always liked Hershel and the actor who plays him.
  • T-Dog getting shit done. As always.
  • New Credits! I kind of miss the bloody teddy bear though, I can't lie.
  • I love Bear McCreary's music in the credits, but I can't help but think his talent is being wasted a bit on this show. I miss his big, sweeping orchestral Battlestar Galactica score.
  • I shout 'T-Dog!' every time he's onscreen. Is that weird?
  • Rick: 'Too many for you to handle". He really is taking this leader thing seriously, isn't he?
  • Damn, these new guys are lost. I'm still having a hard time believing they never tried to escape.
  • So long-hair-wife-beater guy is the leader and southern-mustache guy is the voice of reason?
  • Everybody get along! Let's all live together! - yeah, there's no way this is going to last.
  • Rick is so different compared to last season. Makes total sense with everything that's happened to him, and I still think he's really the only character with anything resembling character development, but it's still strange to see him act this way.
  • Carol is already much better this season compared to last. At least she already has more to do than cry about her daughter over and over again.
  • Glenn and Maggie are pretty cute together. I'm ok with this pairing for now. Also, Maggie has always been a pretty tolerable character. I'm glad she's still on the show.
  • I forget Beth's name every episode until someone says it, but she's alright too.
  • T-Doggggggggg!!!!! Has lines this episode :D
  • "Kill them." Really, Rick? Jeez, he has changed. And I'm not sure if that's really what he has to do, right? There can be another way! Some of those guys seem...nice.
  • "I know I'm a shitty wife." - I feel like this is a nod to everyone who HATES Lori.
  • T! Oh I see, he's just 'T' now.
  • Prediction: Maggie's going to kill Hershel right now.
  • DON'T DO IT, MAGGIE! NO! Oh ok, she's going to talk him to death.
  • No, ok, that was a really nice scene actually. I never knew this actress was so good, but that was probably because I originally knew her from Supernatural, where her character was kind of 'blah'.
  • omg omg what!? Prison riot! Hahaha ok, this is actually hilarious. T-Dog is so unimpressed with them. I welcome a moment of humor in this show.
  • So Carl is a badass now? Take off the stupid hat though, Carl. You're not going to impress Beth with it on.
  • NO BIG GUY, NO! Didn't you hear Daryl? Don't wander off!
  • NOPE. DIDN'T NEED TO SEE THE GUY'S HAND SLIDE OFF THROUGH THE HANDCUFF.
  • Oh snap! He wasted no time in killing the big guy. Way harsh, yo. Poor big guy :(
  • Aw nooooo, zombie C-section is something I definitely don't need to see. Point though: look at how useful Carol is being! Yay!
  • Zombie killing zombie killing! How the hell is a bat going to do anything? OMG he's very obviously trying to kill Rick. That's not good.
  • :O Rick, no! Dude. What...dude.
  • Don't kill this guy too, Rick! Fuuuuu I knew it wasn't going to last.
  • Rick :( Wow, that made me really sad. Really really sad. Look at how far you've fallen, Rick! Him locking that guy outside kind of just broke my heart.
  • And Hershel's dead. Fuck, I knew it was going to happen when Glenn was gone.
  • OMG NO, HE'S NOT DEAD HE'S A ZOMBIE......wut.....j/k not a zombie.
  • Don't hurt the nice mustache man! NO MORE KILLING! Jeez, thank god.
  • Welp, I feel terrible. 
  • I can't even muster up a good 'T-Dog!' right now.
  • The fact that both Daryl and T-Dog are bummed about what Rick had to do is making it worse for me for some reason.
  • Hershel lives! I really did think he was a goner. And now the slow realization that they are all screwed by having to lug around a one-legged old guy for the rest of the trip.
  • ........NOPE. Still don't need a zombie C-section.
  • Someone is watching her from the trees? Ooooooh.
  • Already Lori is better this season than last. 
  • Holy crap, Rick is so cold. What a last line. And an awkward arm pat! Condescending! 
This was a good episode, with some affecting character moments and a great moral dilemma but man, did it make me feel sad and uncomfortable at the end. I guess put another tally under the 'I'm Really Not Cut Out For This Show' column because while I understand what Rick did was probably the only thing that he could have done AND he once again saved everyone, I hate seeing what Rick has become. I don't believe the Rick of even last season could have done what he just did. I guess that's what makes him a good leader now, but at what cost, ya know? Still, another good episode for Season 3 though. Next week: It's Andrea and friends!

No comments: